Well I think I just broke a new Billet intermediate shaft. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I think I just broke a new Billet intermediate shaft.

Just gave it a little throttle ( leaned on it a little ) and bang coasted to a stop engine was still running just winged. Put it in gear and it dosn't move. All gears the same. Spartan 275 tune and on the street, no nitrous.
Oh and buy the way tranny is two weeks old.
C.J.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Suncoast has been having problems with them and they are releasing an updated one in a few weeks. My Suncoast actually has the stock one in it until they come out with one that will hold up. The stock one is holding longer than the billet ones from Suncoast right now. Just wait for the updated one. They should replace it.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Suncoast has been having problems with them and they are releasing an updated one in a few weeks. My Suncoast actually has the stock one in it until they come out with one that will hold up. The stock one is holding longer than the billet ones from Suncoast right now. Just wait for the updated one. They should replace it.
I have a buddy who's one hell of a machinest i showed him my stock shaft. He stated that splines are only as strong as the median dia and by the outside of the splines being the same size as the bearing surface adjacent to the splines it puts all the load right where the splines meet this area. If one was to machine the bearing surface down smaller with a radious it would spread out the load and would be stronger, even though its smaller in diameter. He also said if splines were actually serations it would fail.
Who would of thunk it.
Is suncoast keeping everything same size or going way bigger, and changing everything that goes over that shaft.
Any idea what they are doing.
thanks C.J.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:43 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i hear they are changing more than just the shaft,way bigger, and thats why its taking so long,also a few more months is what i was told last week
Old 05-16-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant250 View Post
i hear they are changing more than just the shaft,way bigger, and thats why its taking so long,also a few more months is what i was told last week
Thats good news just wish it was now.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant250 View Post
I guess my stock one is going in until new shaft and applicable parts are out.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 PM

I talked to them last week, and they said 2-4 weeks, so that should be about 1-3 now. Haha.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 AM

Let me start out by saying that I have no clue on the interior design of your transmission. If it is anything like mine, we are finding is more beneficial to actually running a stock intermediate. The reason being if everything is billet, nothing can absorb the shock from the torque. The stock is left in place and acts like a spring absorbing the shock. In your case the shaft was more than likely fractured before the incident and finally gave up during the light acceleration. Just something to think about
Old 05-17-2010, 12:38 PM

I did the same thing. Only I didn't get to drive it for 2 weeks, just a few days and one WOT stomp with the 310 and she was toast.

Needless to say, I'm less than happy with this $825 pile of **** billet intermediate shaft!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
Hmm im wondering if mine is going to go. I can accellerate hard from a stop but if I do it from a decent roll and it downshifts truck limps....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.