275 tune and question about my trans. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
275 tune and question about my trans.

Hi all,

I just got my S&B, Spartan, and FlowProw exhaust installed on my 08 F250. I have drove the 275 tune for 2 days now. My truck is NOT a Job1. I have done the "re-learn" process for the tranny, but the shifting from 1st to 2nd is very very hard and 2nd to
3rd is noticeably hard.....to the point that people riding with me ask "whats wrong with your truck shifting like that?" Its hard even when making a point to take it very easy driving. I dont "beat" on my truck, I dont race my truck, and I got the spartan mainly for the hopes of better fuel economy. I have read on here that the shifting is going to be more firm with the 275 tune, but I know this cant be good for the trans. I have also read on here that many others have 10,000-20,000-50,000 trouble free miles on their Spartan tuned truck running the 275 as a daily driver.

Does the shifting smooth out over time? Do I just go with it and hope that everything holds up? Am I just being overly paranoid?

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It should smooth out some as adaptive learning system learns your driving style. This can take 200-300 miles after a tune change. Traction bars will also help smooth out the shifts. These are race tunes and it needs to shift like this or the power would smoke the trans. I think you may like the the 250 better the shifting is less aggressive and your mpg will be better with mix driving. The 275 will get better mpg on the hwy. but any city driving just kills the mpg with this tune. Hope this helps.
-Mike
Old 05-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Premium Member

I do have a Job 1 and run the 210 all the time. Any thing above that it feels like the Trans or rearend is going to explod.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah its supposed to shift like that so you dont smoke your transmission, traction bars help out with the rough shift. and as you put miles on it it will smooth out some
Old 05-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffaro View Post
I do have a Job 1 and run the 210 all the time. Any thing above that it feels like the Trans or rear end is going to explod.
Mine is a job 1 also. I run the 250 and after about 200 - 300 miles the shifts smooth out. Not as smooth as the 210. I am ordering a set of the Pro Comp bars. H & S did a video of the Axel wrap and you would not believe how much the rear moves. Thats what makes the traction bars work. They stop the rear from jerking when the trans shift that is a lot of what you are feeling.
-Mike
Old 05-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Premium Member

Were are you getting the bars from?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
spartan tcm could help and i have one for sale if your interested...pm me if you want it
Old 05-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffaro View Post
Were are you getting the bars from?
The cheapest i have found is Rollin Smoke Diesel. They are under $450 for the bars and mounts.
-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.