Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Main Radiator Not Part of 100k Warranty

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RockinJW 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share this info as I've read various posts around what is "in" and "not in" the 100k mile diesel warranty... especially for those of us who are about to tune our trucks and are considering warranty, etc.

Been prepping to Spartanize my 08 Job1, took it into the dealer this morning to tidy up small items beforehand. Have a very small coolant leak seems to be coming from the main radiator, bottom drivers side corner. They informed me the main radiator is only part of the general 36k mile warranty (I have 44k miles on my truck).

Haven't determined the radiator as root cause yet, so maybe I'll luck out. I've had both the main radiator and the CAC replaced a while back under warranty already. We'll see what happens.

#2 ·
that's the common radiator leak. Do you have the venturi T recall completed?

#3 ·
I do. Had the original radiator replaced probably 2 years ago and they did it then.

Looks like I lucked out, I found TSB 10-5-2 (on this site of course), and called them to make sure they considered it. It's the TSB on "repeat leaks" tied to faulty thermostats. If they deem this as root cause, the radiator is warrantied up to 100k miles.

They just called and said I'll have a new radiator and tstat by the end of the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.