12,000 with Black Maxx - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
12,000 with Black Maxx

Well, it's not really a big deal I guess. But I've put on just over 12,000 miles with my H&S Black Maxx tuner and dpf delete and couldn't be happier. Haven't had a single issue since the installation and made a few track passes with it as well. Mileage has jumped from the average 12.8 stock to just over 16.3-mpg. That's daily driving, chasing to and from work. That's over 200 gallons less fuel burned. Not to mention the increase in power and better driveability. I don't hot-rod the truck much as it's just a daily driver and towing rig, but I couldn't be more pleased with it. Anyone that thinks they need more than 500hp for daily driving is crazy, these 6.4L trucks are very impressive once tuned. Just wanted to say thanks to the guys at H&S, would recommend this stuff to anyone looking for more out of their stock truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 10:46 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Right on! Just think at at around 3.00 a gallon for fuel, you have probably paid for more than half of your investment plus having the better drivability of the truck!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinJW View Post
Well, it's not really a big deal I guess. But I've put on just over 12,000 miles with my H&S Black Maxx tuner and dpf delete and couldn't be happier. Haven't had a single issue since the installation and made a few track passes with it as well. Mileage has jumped from the average 12.8 stock to just over 16.3-mpg. That's daily driving, chasing to and from work. That's over 200 gallons less fuel burned. Not to mention the increase in power and better driveability. I don't hot-rod the truck much as it's just a daily driver and towing rig, but I couldn't be more pleased with it. Anyone that thinks they need more than 500hp for daily driving is crazy, these 6.4L trucks are very impressive once tuned. Just wanted to say thanks to the guys at H&S, would recommend this stuff to anyone looking for more out of their stock truck.
Thats great to hear that you have had no problems so far (knock on wood). Couple of days ago I installed the Mini in my truck and I am very pleased with it also. What are you using for daily driving and what do you want for max temp on pyro 1 and pyro 2
Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think its a big deal
Im running the Hot(120HP) H&S XRT tune and its scary torque for around town and gets 19mpg on the interstate Cruise on 70mph.
Also feel alot better not having diesel diluting the engine oil.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for the write up, we appreciate it. Glad to hear everything is going well with the tuners for you guys. We have worked hard to deliver a quality product, and will work hard to improve it and bring new things to the 6.4 platform.

Casey
Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmill75 View Post
Thats great to hear that you have had no problems so far (knock on wood). Couple of days ago I installed the Mini in my truck and I am very pleased with it also. What are you using for daily driving and what do you want for max temp on pyro 1 and pyro 2

UPS says my Mini Maxx should be here today I can't wait. So did you intstall one of the probes into the delete pipes to get pre-turbo & post-turbo EGT's?? I was hoping the Mini-Maxx could do that, If it can I will put an EGT probe in one of the bungs. When you select the parameters to monitor what are the names of the two EGT's?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishoo View Post
UPS says my Mini Maxx should be here today I can't wait. So did you intstall one of the probes into the delete pipes to get pre-turbo & post-turbo EGT's?? I was hoping the Mini-Maxx could do that, If it can I will put an EGT probe in one of the bungs. When you select the parameters to monitor what are the names of the two EGT's?
With the 6.4 you don't get probes you just hook up the programmer to the obdll port and your ready to go you get pyro 1 and pyro 2 read outs (those are the names on the screen)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 AM

3000 miles on mine and no problems (5600 miles on the truck)! I did 30,000 miles on my Dodge with the XRT and no problems. The first 36,000 miles the Dodge was in the shop every 8-10k for a check engine light before I did the XRT. They put a new turbo on it at 36k and then I installed the XRT and deletes and ran 30,000 miles with no issues. I am a believer!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmill75 View Post
With the 6.4 you don't get probes you just hook up the programmer to the obdll port and your ready to go you get pyro 1 and pyro 2 read outs (those are the names on the screen)
Yes I understand you just plug it in to the ODBII port, I will re-word my question to clarify. I want to read Pre-turbo and Post-turbo EGT's with the Mini-Maxx. I put on my delete pipes yesterday and I installed 1 EGT probe and plugged the others. Does the Mini-Maxx automatically know which EGT sensor is plugged in or do I have to find it manually?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishoo View Post
Yes I understand you just plug it in to the ODBII port, I will re-word my question to clarify. I want to read Pre-turbo and Post-turbo EGT's with the Mini-Maxx. I put on my delete pipes yesterday and I installed 1 EGT probe and plugged the others. Does the Mini-Maxx automatically know which EGT sensor is plugged in or do I have to find it manually?
All I know is I bought my dpf/cat delete with no bungs so I wouldn't have to mess with sensors. In the manual it says powerstroke trucks come with a pyro from the factory and the Mini automatically reads the factory sensor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.