Wanna know from the best - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wanna know from the best

New here to the forum, just recently bought an 08 F350 Powerstroke Crew cab Long box whole nine yards. Now i wanted to get the forums opinion on the best programmers, intakes, other neato parts etc. Also how to go about getting rid off the dpf to straight pipe it. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There are 3 main systems to choose from for the DPF delete, Spartan, H&S, and SCT. If you want to call us at (919)636-1518 we would be glad to go over the options with you and figure out the best setup for your situation.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am still stock and taking my time deciding which programmer to go with when the truck goes out of warranty. From what I am reading I am starting to lean toward H&S. They seem to have more options with programming. Spartan would be a close second. There must be 100 threads in the this section discussing the different tuners. Spend some time checking them out it will help you make an informed decision. There are plenty of guys who have the different tunes that will answer all your questions.

Last edited by homepukes; 05-08-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Here's my thread showing what's involved while doing the delete:

My Delete

Hope it helps!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM

You said "you wanna know from the best" right? Well if you are wanting the best then go with Spartan PERIOD. These guys are the "OG" of the dpf delete especially Nutty Professor (Mike) who is the originator/maker of this whole dpf delete phenomenon... Mike and Matt i would venture to say know these engines better then Ford knows these engines...

Then there is Mick at Spartan who has helped me numerous amounts of times at all hours of the night when I needed some input/help on what to do... Mick is the man!

since you have the best truck there is, you got to go with the best tuner there is... dont start going cheap now especially when you have a 50k truck in your driveway... this was good advice when i was looking for a tuner 40k miles ago, and i wouldnt have it any other way!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I say go Spartan for the tuner. If you have any questions regarding the tuner, feel free to PM me and ask away!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 PM

I looked into alot of them....even more than ones that have already been mentioned, when it came down to where I put my hard earned cash on.....Spartan, have never regreted it, put mine on when the truck had 500 miles on it and completely changed the way the truck drove both in performance and fuel economy.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 PM

I went with H&S, I have not looked back since. However, Spartan is a great choice as well. Kind of like why some people buy Fords and others buy Chevy's, both are trucks just different options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.