Cobbs broke it and RUDYS FIXED IT! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cobbs broke it and RUDYS FIXED IT!

Well as many of you guys know I took my truck to Cobbs March 22nd for the build in the thread I started on that day.

I feel that I can finally spill the beans and let everyone know what has really been going on.

In summary John Cobb is completely incompetent of anything and my truck was totally screwed. On April 15th I went and got my truck after weeks of getting told he was working on it and getting no where.

When I arrived to pick up my truck it was still being put back together by his new mechanic. It would barely crank and would cutoff when any amount of throttle was applied.

I took it to Aaron at Rudys Diesel on a trailer and he had it completely torn down and rebuilt correctly and running in three days. He bent over backwards to get me in on such short notice and got it running great.

Aaron and his mechanic, John, found a horror story once they started to dive in my truck. Just to name a few loose/missing bolts in the engine, bed not bolted down, leaking fuel profusely, ground straps missing. It would have been a complete loss had I attempted to drive it at all.

I cant stress how thankful I am that Aaron took me in and got it running right. He found so many things wrong, but throughout the whole process called me daily sometimes even 3 times a day to let me know how things were going! He assured me that with all that was messed up he could get it fixed and it would be ok!

The only reason I havent picked it up yet is because I was so happy with Aaron and his work I decided to go ahead and add some parts and a full suncoast!

I have learned through out this whole ordeal that nobody in the diesel world wants to help John because he has screwed them all over.
He tried to blame this problem on everyone else including Elite and Spartan tuning. Lets see if any of the big players step in here and take up for him?
There is a reason two of the three employees have quit since my build started at his shop! The last employee he has is a fellow named Josh who is fresh out of Wyotech....poor kid. I hope he sees the light and gets out!

I have been silent for all this time because John wanted to save face and what is left of his reputation. He asked me not to post anything and in return he would pay my bill at Rudys. He has even lied about that and hasnt returned my phone calls/texts/PMs for 2 weeks!

To anybody looking for parts/service/builds/KNOWLEDGE...........DO NOT CALL COBBS DIESEL PERFORMANCE in Loudon, TN!
There are other business that have great reputations and knowledge.
RUDYS DIESEL PERFORMANCE!
Why buy a part and worry about if its even going to show up? I can promise Aaron will beat the price and you wont be sorry. Hes a great guy, will talk to you as long as you want and has the knowledge!

In closing....

I am flying out to Efland,NC to pick up my truck tommorow morning and driving to TS in Bowling Green for the weekend.

I feel that people need to know about this because every week we all seem to see that post about Cobbs!?!? My GOAL is to shut him down and make sure he doesnt keep screwing people over. I personally cant wait to see him at TS!
I have no problems elaborating on any part of this entire post......if you have a question please ask and I will do my best to answer it asap.

Thanks for listening and I hope that this can help at least one person from getting screwed again.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 08:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOW, Never saw that one coming.. Glad it is back up and running, good looking truck by the way
Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great news. Im glad you got everything worked out. Do you plan on pulling at TS?

I think this will be the end of Cobbs.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 AM

don't really have anything to say to that. glad the story is finally out though i felt like something was being covered up.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:59 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And I thought I had bad luck with vendors. Glad you are getting your truck back in good shape.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Wow, I had great luck with Cobb's when I was getting all my gear. Of course, that was back in early 2009. I don't know what the deal is lately, but there sure have been a lot of posts

Last edited by dieselkane; 05-05-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Made a mistake on when I ordered my gear
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
WOW... im glad you got it all worked out.... Aaron is a great guy to deal with....
Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 AM
KING of BLING!

Countless threads about how crappy Cobb's business is, but yet he still gets it. I don't understand. I am glad you are getting the kinks worked out but it really sucks that you have to do it twice. Somebody needs to get this joker off the vendor's list.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Emergency Services

I'm glad you are are finally getting your truck back. Good thing all the problems got sorted out before some serious damage happened.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Good to hear you got taken care of. Aaron and company are good guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.