Installed some parts...LOOOOOOOOL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Installed some parts...LOOOOOOOOL

I installed a H&S BlackMaxx, 5" SS Flo-Pro Exhaust with a black MBRP tip, and the new AFE Stage 2 Si intake.

The BlackMaxx and exhaust parts are perfect. Everything fit perfectly and the instructions were good.

The intake however is the biggest pile of crap I have seen. Lets just say I needed to coax part of it with a sledge hammer lol. The fitment is horrible, I mean I feel like the designer took some crayons and drew out the design without taking a single measurement.

Ok moving on to how the truck performs. It is hilarious lol. The truck does things that a truck shouldn't do and pours out enough smoke the that EPA is standing outside my door already lol.

Oh and 4x4 launches are enough to give me a concussion lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad to hear you are liking your truck now! I never stop being amazed at how well the 6.4L runs after some good tuning and exhaust is installed. I love seeing the face of guys that just drove a properly tuned 6.4L for the first time. It's priceless!

-Casey
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah it is definitely amazing and I am thoroughly impressed with your tuner.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM

I feel you pain on the intake, i think it needs to be trimmed down on the bottom end where it hooks to the air inlet but i just kind of wedged mine in there.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataandm View Post
I feel you pain on the intake, i think it needs to be trimmed down on the bottom end where it hooks to the air inlet but i just kind of wedged mine in there.
Yeah it defintely took two of us to wrestle it in and to get it to fully seal
Old 04-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This truck continues to impress me. I had a run in with a CTS-V and he decided to launch on me and it didn't end well for him. I pulled him hard and the driver got a kick out of it and was dying at the next light from laughter.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Have you tried the "hot damn" tuning yet?

If not, you should!

We are also playing with a few new tunes that should be released in the next month or two. There is so much room to play with these 6.4's it is amazing.

I still get a kick out of taking people for rides in my 08 with 40" tires, and getting sideways through the first few gears. I need to be careful, or i may be wiping some excrement off the leather.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
Have you tried the "hot damn" tuning yet?

If not, you should!

We are also playing with a few new tunes that should be released in the next month or two. There is so much room to play with these 6.4's it is amazing.

I still get a kick out of taking people for rides in my 08 with 40" tires, and getting sideways through the first few gears. I need to be careful, or i may be wiping some excrement off the leather.
Yeah I am running the Hot Damn tune and its great. My only concern is I have noticed that the 1-2 shift is extremely firm and the 2-3 is decently firm and then 3-4 shift is as smooth as butter. I dunno if its normal or not. I have down several WOT runs up to 80 and I dunno if I need to do more or is that the nature of the beast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.