Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.4 aftermarket turbos??

17K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  rollin coal 08 
#1 ·
Is there any other companies besides elite working on upgraded or all new turbos? If so does any one have any pricing or performance info on them?

#3 ·
I tried to look at the industrials on there site and they weren't on there. Where can I look at them?

#5 ·
Are they a modified stock turbo? Or all new drop ins?

#6 ·
Elite Diesel has a set, but they're really not worth it unless you're running a high tune like the Spartan 310 all the time.

#9 ·
Are industrials also modified stock units?

#10 ·
Industrials are modded stockers. They spool quicker then the stockers did, lower EGTs. I only had 400 miles on them before my trans let go but I did notice a big difference but were thinking these should be good for 700ish HP. To get more info on these Call Shane at the Turbo shop.

#12 ·
Is there a sound difference with those new turbos??

#14 ·
Whats the price on those bad boys?

#15 ·
if your lookin to go the single turbo route *** is lookin into gettin a kit built that would perform like the stockers do but with hardly any drive pressure

#16 ·
I am highly considering a single turbo for my truck....just not sure. I am looking for low 12's on fuel. If it can be achieved with a single turbo, then I would definitely consider it. :nod:

#20 ·
I bet they could do it in 2 weeks! I dont think it took Dustin that long to mock his up. Getting the setup on the truck isn't the issue I dont think, its getting the tuning for it.

#21 ·
thats true and thats where i would be at a disadvantage unless matt wanted to come visit hahaha

#22 ·
We have contemplated making a single turbo kit and have talked to our turbo builder, he is very confident he could make a turbo that would work incredible on these trucks. We gathered a bunch of information and specs for him, but like stated above, we'd need a truck to sit idle in the shop for a few weeks while we deisgned a pedestal, piping, etc...

We are interested in going further with the idea but are unsure what kind of market there would be for it. It wouldn't be a huge turbo, enough to support these bigger tuners, say 550hp range, but our goal would be to support that power with good low end spool-up, significantly reduced drive pressures and help get the EGT's in check, no more of this 1600+ stuff...

#23 ·
its about time jacob where you been :hehe:

#26 ·
Would it be a vgt??

#29 ·
Unsure of which turbocharger we'd start with, but we never use something 'off-the-shelf', they are always engineered and built for each specific application. Meaning new compressor wheels, turbine wheels, differnt housing, some machine work, etc... It would not be a VGT turbo though, I do know that. There is a lot of time, mathematics and labor behind the turbos we sell.

Ideally, we'd like to build something that would support 525-550hp with good street/towing manners. That means quick spool-up, good egt's, and as close to 1:1 pressure ratios as possible (on some of the 7.3L turbos we sell we've actually achieved positive Delta-P, meaning lower drive that manifold pressure).

#27 ·
i believe he said ball bearing not sure though

#30 ·
So this turbo should be able to handle the 300hp tunes pretty well. My only concern would be that ounce you started adding more fuel with elite injectors or something that it would be better to stick with wastegated industrials or something. Plus you could pass california emissions with the elite or industrials in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.