Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is this a good deal???

769 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  08TWIN6.4L 
#1 ·
I got a call from my friend saying that he knows a guy who had a 2008 ford f-350 kingranch 4x4 and had that beast tuned up. He had a spartan with all the tune (275 & 310), dual exhaust from the dp back, 3 a-pillar gauges, afe pro gaurd stage II intake, egr delete, and an sct he had stacked with the spartan. He said he was gonna sell it all to me for like 4 times cheaper than what he bought it for. Im only thinking about buying the intake spartan and exhaust but im not sure if i should go for the egr delete. I am going to go look at it on sunday and will tell you if the egr delete is an actual delete or just block-off plates. Would all this be a good deal or should i just buy new?
:icon_ford:

#2 ·
SCT stacked with Spartan huh? Sounds pretty fishy to me

#4 ·
and why the hell would you run gauges with a spartan?

#5 ·
I ran gauges with my Spartan. Boost with the Spartan is hard to read because it doesn't gradually go up, it skips 20 psi at a time. EGT's are also more accurate with a pyrometer.

#6 ·
i dont watch my boost gauge :p
And i've never had issues with the pyro, so i havent thought to add one, although i can see the need

#8 ·
If the guy had his Spartan stacked with something (pressure box), I would not fool with the truck. Spartan tuning does all that needs to be done with rail pressure as it is. Extra rail pressure from a pressure box could lead to some bad things.

After re-reading your original post, are you just going to be buying some parts off of him, not the actual truck?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.