XRT downloader for 6.4L now available - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
XRT downloader for 6.4L now available

Hey guys, just letting you know the XRT is now available for the 6.4L. This is a great tuner for guys that are looking for modest HP gains.

Part# is 102001 and has a MSRP of $599

Key features:
Instant power level switching! Once download is installed, simply plug the XRT back in and change power levels with the push of a button
Precisely tune engine with power increases from 40-120 RWHP (4 Power levels: 0, 40, 80, 120)
Speedometer & ABS re-calibration for use of non-stock size tires or gearing. Up to 44" tires
Remove the DPF from the exhaust system. Code free!
Turns off the EGR system. Code free!
Allows removal of EGR & EGR cooler with NO Trouble Codes!
Remove the top speed limiter
Read / Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Internet update-able with included USB cable
Made in the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
nice.. congrats guys...
Old 04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I see this being a very popular tuner!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How's the smoke output on one of these? I know I heard the Black Maxx wasn't putting out as much as others... I've been having issues with my SCT, and the customer service has upset me some...

I'd be interested in dropping my SCT for one of these if someone could attest to these tunes being quality made... I assume one or more will be the one or more of the same tune that is on the Black Maxx, is this correct?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The XRT is geared more for the simple tune / budget minded guy. It will come with 4 shift-on-the-fly power levels. 0,40,80, and 120. For the full HP and tuning potential you will need to step up to the Black Maxx tuner. This is not to say that we will never have big HP tunes available on this XRT platform, but for now, our goals are for the guys just wanting to rid their truck of the DPF and add small horsepower gains. Full features can be seen below

2008-2010 Ford 6.4L XRT Race Tuner
Old 04-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Will the Black Maxx be able to change for tire size as well?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Tech View Post
The XRT is geared more for the simple tune / budget minded guy. It will come with 4 shift-on-the-fly power levels. 0,40,80, and 120. For the full HP and tuning potential you will need to step up to the Black Maxx tuner. This is not to say that we will never have big HP tunes available on this XRT platform, but for now, our goals are for the guys just wanting to rid their truck of the DPF and add small horsepower gains. Full features can be seen below

2008-2010 Ford 6.4L XRT Race Tuner
Ya, I understand that, I'm just a college student that somehow came up with the money for this truck. I got the SCT cause it was basically the most cost effective option at the time. I'm not looking for big power, I still run the SCT canned tunes and don't really need/want much more power(I drive like I stole it and couldn't imagine having to pay for huge fixes....).

I was meaning to ask if the tunes were same as one of the lower on the Black Maxx.

And when you guys were testing, what did you see for smoke output? I'm kind of looking for a clean-ish tune if possible because I'm so paranoid of getting caught with this....
Old 04-15-2010, 06:12 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Perfect. We'll sell alot of these.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiJoe View Post
Will the Black Maxx be able to change for tire size as well?
Yes sir, it will. We are working on the software end of the Black Maxx code right now to adapt it for the tire size menus. Shortly there will be another Black Maxx update available for download that will include this, among other fixes.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
Ya, I understand that, I'm just a college student that somehow came up with the money for this truck. I got the SCT cause it was basically the most cost effective option at the time. I'm not looking for big power, I still run the SCT canned tunes and don't really need/want much more power(I drive like I stole it and couldn't imagine having to pay for huge fixes....).

I was meaning to ask if the tunes were same as one of the lower on the Black Maxx.

And when you guys were testing, what did you see for smoke output? I'm kind of looking for a clean-ish tune if possible because I'm so paranoid of getting caught with this....
I hear ya, no sense is tempting yourself to blow something up! We will likely have some videos posted of the smoke output on the XRT 6.4. Give us some time and it will happen. You may also see reviews from others here shortly that will give some good feedback on the product and tuning.

As far as being the same as the lower Black Maxx tunes, not really. The way the tuning is done between the units is quite different due to the XRT not doing any trans tuning. The power curve is adapted to what we feel is safe to run on a stock transmission.

hope this helps!

Bentley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.