Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How do they do it?

796 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  08stroker250 
#1 ·
I was reading an article in diesel world today and it got me thinking how these companies are getting so much extra hp out of these engines? What are they altering that makes these kind of gains possible? And what makes certain companies like spartan and h&s more reliable? Just thinking in terms of engine tuning not the transmission.

#2 ·
With the 6.4, it's really the capabilities of the stock fuel system, stock turbo's, and the stock bottom end. These motors are beast and they can really move some fuel. The stock injectors are something else man.

#3 ·
i thought i read somewhere on here that spartan doesn't do much with injector timing and thats supposed to make their tunes more reliable? but couldn't find it when i did a search. i was just curious cause i think that was the cause of the problems with the dmax they were rebuilding

#4 ·
I believe that timing is adjusted, but not to a dangerous point. Injector pulse width is adjusted. There are tons of parameters that these guys that tune mess with. Its pretty intense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.