throttle Plate removal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
throttle Plate removal

Ok I did the egr delete on my 6.4 and along with the delete did the new cfm intake from elite that uses the 6.0 cfm elbow. I have the tunes from spartan that are egr delete compliant but still have codes has anyone ever done the throttle plate delete from the stock Cfm elbow. If any one has did you get codes, im really stumpd on what to do cause i dont want to take the new cfm off and us stock hardware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

throttle plate removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyerboy View Post
Ok I did the egr delete on my 6.4 and along with the delete did the new cfm intake from elite that uses the 6.0 cfm elbow. I have the tunes from spartan that are egr delete compliant but still have codes has anyone ever done the throttle plate delete from the stock Cfm elbow. If any one has did you get codes, im really stumpd on what to do cause i dont want to take the new cfm off and us stock hardware.
I believe you must leave cruise and or egr delete sensors in the system or do what i did and use the dirty diesel elbow which has a flange on each end that bolts to the engine and cruise control. I do not know if you can go completely without egr sensor.
Aaron at rudys should know.
Good luck
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promodracer View Post
I believe you must leave cruise and or egr delete sensors in the system or do what i did and use the dirty diesel elbow which has a flange on each end that bolts to the engine and cruise control. I do not know if you can go completely without egr sensor.
Aaron at rudys should know.
Good luck
i tried getting the elbow off of dirty diesel but he told me 450 for the part and until i get heads and studs im brock for that is getting my money right now. im still lost on how i need one of the sensors plugged in when ive seen pics f the mod beng done to other trucks
Old 12-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

little off subject but what purpose does the throttle plate serve? Is it a safety feature keep the engine from run away? Used for engine breaking in tow mode? Doesn't fuel flow control the RPMs?
Old 12-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

My truck still had the throttle plate when it ran away, so definitely not that lol
Old 01-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know this thread is about a month old but came accross it and thought i would chime in. the throttle valvle plate is striclty part of the emissions crap. It regulates fresh incoming air to allow the "proper" amount of Exhaust gasses to be drawn in and recirculated. In a nut shell it closes to limit fresh air in so the Exhaust can be reintroduced into the intake.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyerboy View Post
I'm curious too because I have no cruise but I'm also getting P0193 code. What are you getting.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:17 PM

i just tyed mine up on the second alternator bracket after i did the egr delete so I have no codes and got my tunes redone by mick and matt at spartan all is good now.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I did dirty diesels elbow.(285 shipped I think) when I did my egr delete a month ago. And just left 3 connectors unhooked off the butterfly/egr valve elbow.then bought the 275/300/310 for the egr delete from mic at Spartan. I asked him about the cruise and he said it would still work. But the roads are crap and haven't drove it much to try it. And no codes yet. Except the rear axle ratio code 1635 I think?

Last edited by hopperwagonbob; 01-20-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 PM

if i unplug my throttle plate i get a wrench and then my cruise doesnt work i have tried to get it fixed but gave up. it doesnt help my truck is a manual so its hard for them cause i am like the only manual guy with spartans big tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.