weird tranny shifting with sct racing tunes, - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
weird tranny shifting with sct racing tunes,

I got a used sct with some performance race tunes on it and have been noticing some weirdness with my tranny shifting and bogging out.

Now i am running the stock intake. these are some older river city and innovative tunes.

Sometimes the tranny shifts extremely hard, and tends to bog out the truck and make it fall on its face, when I slow down and stop and start to move again its almost like its out of gear, then gradually starts moving again.

The tranny shifts really hard in 1st and second gears on the innovative tunes, almost scary like just cruising around. but when I get on it, it shifts hard and sometimes bogs out and holds the revs up like it missed a gear.

The truck only has 8k miles on it, and has had the tunner and dpf delete on for maybe 200.

Im not sure if something is wrong with the truck, its the intake thats causing all this... , or if the older tunes had alot of work to do.

every day drivin around I have found it seems to be ok. but getting on it hard at low mph is really freakin out the truck.

p.s. I checked the intake filter reset and its not tripped when the truck does this.

IF its just the intake causing this I guess thats the prob. and I need one,
If its the tunes, im not very comfortable with the way its running.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen these problems or know what may be causing all this

Last edited by cmn130; 02-13-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 06:16 AM

I also have the older ID tune it will also fall in its face and i have to pull over and restart the truck... I think is because of the fuel rail pressure goes up and down tomuch...
The new tunes are said to be better....
Old 02-13-2010, 06:20 AM

hmm, yah its a little scarry making me scarred of the new tunes, I dont need the 310 hp ones , just something safe and fun, 200 ish.

The river city tune seems to blow more smoke and run smoother, and just driving around It dosnt shift the tranny as hard as the ID tunes. but not sure which tunes I have.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:23 AM

yah but the tune makes it fun to drive.... I just try to take off easy and stay under 80 mph....
Old 02-13-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn130 View Post
hmm, yah its a little scarry making me scarred of the new tunes, I dont need the 310 hp ones , just something safe and fun, 200 ish.

The river city tune seems to blow more smoke and run smoother, and just driving around It dosnt shift the tranny as hard as the ID tunes. but not sure which tunes I have.
The intake won't cause those problems. You said you bought a used tuner, are you sure the strategy codes on the custom tunes are the same as your truck? If not that is your problem.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drservo View Post
The intake won't cause those problems. You said you bought a used tuner, are you sure the strategy codes on the custom tunes are the same as your truck? If not that is your problem.
strategy codes? what does that mean, i mean they load and seem to drive on them. is there a bug they put in them to mess them up on a diff truck?

Last edited by cmn130; 02-13-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:27 AM

also sometimes when loading the tunes right away it says error writing file 1008. then continues to upload it normally when i hit ok.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn130 View Post
strategy codes? what does that mean, i mean they load and seem to drive on them. is there a bug they put in them to mess them up on a diff truck?
The truck has a strategy code and the older custom tunes had to be written specific to the strategy code of each individual truck, you cant just put the custom tunes on any truck.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:35 AM

I get the same error code while loading and it does continue to load the file...
Sometimes i get some shifting that a little off but the fuel rail pressure will be varying alot....
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 AM

ok . so in a nutshell? the tunes are written for certain trucks, but it loads on mine fine. whats the difference?

I need a little more info on all this, Whats the difference in the strad code>? if it loads still and apears to run fine minus the shifting sometimes and sometimes sputtering, do they make it specificly to screw up on other trucks, why wouldn't they just nnow allow it to load?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.