Spartan Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan Tunes

Just to let everyone know we are in the process of updating our tunes and should have new tuning file available for download from our website starting next Monday 2/15/10. I would highly suggest that you backup your old tuning file on your computer just in case you like them more than the new one's. Do not mix the old tuning files with the new one's.

We've made the following changes:

Corrected the P1635 diagnostic trouble code on 2010 trucks

Corrected surging issues for the 250, 275 and 310 tunes

Changed the shifting on job 1 08 trucks and fixed the 210 tow tune

If you have not converted over to the new strategy flash tuner this would be an excellent time to do it. We will need the following info to changes your unit over to strategy flash:

Name

DashDAQ serial #

List of tunes you currently have

Who you purchased your unit from

Who you purchased your tunes from if you did not get them with your tuner or purchased them from another dealer

For those that have multiple vehicles tuned with one DashDAQ you will have to send us the same info and also include your vin number and strategy code so we can custom make your tunes. If you purchased tire size, or special tunes you will need to let us know what was done to your truck. Please do not send multiple request as it just slows down the process. Do not email sales with request as they will be discarded and will not be responded too. All request should be sent to :

techsupport@spartandieseltech.com

Please remember this will be a long drawn out process if requesting custom tune. Tunes will be sent out in the same order as they were received.

Mick @ Spartan

Last edited by mick1955; 02-08-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mick. Will the DD new the latest update for this to work properly. If so. I WILL be calling you later this week.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed6.4ford View Post
Mick. Will the DD new the latest update for this to work properly. If so. I WILL be calling you later this week.
If you have the latest firmware update, 2.1.2-1949 or already have a strategy flash tuner then it'll work....... Think I will start turning my phone off at night!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will make sure its during business hours
Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Tire Calibration? I know it has been in the works. I just got mine and am loving it! I do think I need to do something about my calibration with the 37's though.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 PM

That requires a custom tune... At least until E-Motions finishes up the software which will allow you to adjust for different size tires on the DashDAQ...
Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

What about the 210 surging issues?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1955 View Post
That requires a custom tune... At least until E-Motions finishes up the software which will allow you to adjust for different size tires on the DashDAQ...
I am new to all the updates and custom stuff but pretty good with computers so hopefully I can figure it out. If I was to pay the money for the custom tune for the calibration, how would that work exactly? Would it work on all my tunes? Is it hurting my truck to run my tunes with the calibration off? Sorry for all the questions on your thread.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertc82 View Post
I am new to all the updates and custom stuff but pretty good with computers so hopefully I can figure it out. If I was to pay the money for the custom tune for the calibration, how would that work exactly? Would it work on all my tunes? Is it hurting my truck to run my tunes with the calibration off? Sorry for all the questions on your thread.
It's really no big deal. If your tuner serial # is 6978 or higher your tuner is already strategy flash unless you are tuning more than one truck with the same tuner. If you haven't upgraded to strategy flash all we do is send you a license with instructions on how to convert your unit. The entire process takes about an hour, including returning your truck to stock, and loading the first tune. You may have to update the firmware on the DashDAQ if it's not the latest. Your not hurting anything, but your shift points will be off with larger size tires...

If you purchase custom file with tire size adjustment you have go give us the tire size and reading with the larger tires installed at I believe 30, 50 and 70 using a gps. I think you have to give us the reading from the speedometer and the actual gps reading. Then we write the tune with the adjustments built in so your speedometer will be correct. Those tunes (.enc) will have to be uncompressed and copied to the transfer folder on the sd card. Then you would be able to use them with the tire size adjusted correctly or the strategy flash tunes that are located in the tuning files folder.

Here's the basic instructions that's posted on our website:

Tech Support - How do I convert my DashDAQ to Strategy Flash?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks for the update Mick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.