09 F-450, 4" lift back, 2" lift front, longer shocks, RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE...?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
09 F-450, 4" lift back, 2" lift front, longer shocks, RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE...??

Hello Friends,

I would like a 4" lift in back, 2" in front. I am running near maximums towing with my new 09 F-450 and want more clearances against the bump stops and underneath for service.. I am guessing here but: I need U-bolts, 4" blocks for the back, 2" lift for the front in coil pads, and four longer Shocks like Rancho or better... What else do I need??? Torsion bar extensions for the back or front or something?????????

Shipping to Australia (near Brisbane) will be EXPENSIVE as IT HAS TO AIR MAIL... I am cool with that.. (UPS ground or something would be on a boat for a month or two..) Has to go air mail...

Anyone want to give me recommendation for such a lift? Do I need ladder rack traction bars? What shocks or what kit or what Brands please? I need your Recommendations as there are none to look at here... I will have to trust your judgement...

No one here has even seen an F-450 Let alone sell gear for it. Also you Guys get to crawl around them all the time, where here it is rare as rocking horse poo... I really am the lone Ranger here...

To price this, please send me email to Bushtracker at sales@bushtracker.com

Recommendations please put on here,

Bidding Pricing: (with AIR MAIL $costs) emailed to Bushtracker please....

I Thank you for your help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 09:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Have you thought about putting a good set of airbags underneath the truck? In my mind that would be the better way to go and cheaper.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud2k View Post
Have you thought about putting a good set of airbags underneath the truck? In my mind that would be the better way to go and cheaper.
That's what I would do.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:03 PM

Thank you for that, and yes I am the Air Bag King, having done it to at least a half a dozen other trucks... From older F-250s to F-350s late models of 06,07, even two Silverados an 08 2500 HD 4x4 and an 09 3500 HD 4x4 ... But on this F-450, there is some kind of a stabilizer or Torsion bar where the bump stop is on the chassis, and clearances looked a bit minimal... You need them to ride under the chassis or on a bracket on the side of the chassis, and it looks a bit too tight. That is the "why" of blocks and u-bolts for a spacer over the springs. I need to lift a couple of inches or carry a long ton..

I have also put Firestone Air Bags inside the coils of the front to carry a big winch and Bull Bar, but a 2" pad underneath plus them is probably the best solution without going to a snow plow set of coils...

But thank you for the thought, keep em coming, especially if you know how to fit a set of Firestone or Dunlop Air Bags under an F-450...
Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 AM

2008 F450 King Ranch lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Hello Friends,

I would like a 4" lift in back, 2" in front. I am running near maximums towing with my new 09 F-450 and want more clearances against the bump stops and underneath for service.. I am guessing here but: I need U-bolts, 4" blocks for the back, 2" lift for the front in coil pads, and four longer Shocks like Rancho or better... What else do I need??? Torsion bar extensions for the back or front or something?????????

Shipping to Australia (near Brisbane) will be EXPENSIVE as IT HAS TO AIR MAIL... I am cool with that.. (UPS ground or something would be on a boat for a month or two..) Has to go air mail...

Anyone want to give me recommendation for such a lift? Do I need ladder rack traction bars? What shocks or what kit or what Brands please? I need your Recommendations as there are none to look at here... I will have to trust your judgement...

No one here has even seen an F-450 Let alone sell gear for it. Also you Guys get to crawl around them all the time, where here it is rare as rocking horse poo... I really am the lone Ranger here...

I put a Fabtech 4 link 6" lift on my 2008 F450. It pretty much has everything you need including shocks. A little expensive but installed well and rides and pulls well also. I also added One up Offroads traction bars with 5" blocks to give a little extra height in the back and allow you to center the wheels in the well. Of course the 24" rims and 37" x 13.5" Toyo MTs were next and watch out for the cost on that little upgrade.

Fabtech link: 2008 F450/550

One up Offroad: One Up Offroad
Old 02-08-2010, 05:18 AM

Firestone makes two style's of air bag brackets for your truck. One set mounts the bag on the outside of the frame between the frame and inside dual right on top of the leafspring pack. The other style you use in conjunction with a gooseneck hitch. (This is what style I have) It mounts the bags on the inside of the frame between the frame rail and rear differential center section but up against the frame rail. You remove the bump stops and use the air bags. Surely one of these styles will work. Oh and FYI, an air bag kit for a 6.0L truck is the exact same as a 6.4L truck. One bracket is a bit different but not enough to even notice.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Hello Friends,

PM Sent.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Wow,
Thank all of you, you all had something great to offer...

ksipes1, your truck is OUTRAGEOUSLY cool... But major illegal here in OZ.... Fabteck does not appear on your link to have anything small, it started at 6"...

The other link TruckToyz shows some 4" and 2" kits. I may go that way... I just need a little more ground clearance and 2" higher in the back as I am running on my max GVM when loaded with the Gooseneck. That 2" drop loaded would make me level, with 4" back and 2" front...

Thank you, and again, your truck is just too cool !!!

"Still Strokin" For my small lift, of course Air Bags would be easier... I will try and search for the Air Bag kit for the F-450. Inside the chassis rail mount might work with my Gooseneck... Google I guess.....

Thank you .....

I thank you all for your comments, and will do research on which way to go...

AIN'T THIS FORUM GREAT !!! WHAT A GREAT ASSET TO OWNING A FORD, AND WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON...

WE LOVE THE WORLDS BEST TRUCKS !!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM

10-4. Ill almost bet the inside kit will work. It's a no drill install.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:06 PM

Still Strokin,

Would you be so kind as to give me a good source, it would be all to easy to do it that way.... Why is because I already have air brakes and automatic switching 100-125 psi in a tank, with hydraulic over air added on..... It would be just toooooo easy. (NOT the normal hard way I am prone to do..)

Anyway, if not too much trouble, could you give me a name or source of the air bag size and brakets to fit to see on the Web????

Thanking you in advance, from Australia.
Dinner and drinks on me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.