salvage title ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bhamm557
salvage title ?

Ok guys. My truck is totaled and i am torn between these two maybe three options. First option. Buy the truck back with a salvage title(11,000) and fix it. Option two buy it back as salvage and either part out or sell as is. Third option to let it go completely and just go buy a new one.

The truck damage is as follows. Need a new bed, new shocks, leaf springs need to be fixed(usable but need adjustment) One new shock mount(reason the totaled it) The rear end might be bent. cant tell as of right now but possible. and there is a small crack in the yoke that enters the rear end( looks like a couple bolts can make the part come out. and quite possible be switched out) There is damage on the rear passenger door and rear of the cab. There might be a slight bend in the frame but nothing crazy. There might be a couple more parts but that's the biggest. Not a scratch to the rest of the truck. It only has 10,000 miles on it.

let me get some feedback on what u guys would do. and what u think it would cost to fix it back to good shape( not crazy since it will have a salvage title if i buy it back) Just so torn between these option. Need to tell them by tomorrow..

Trying to get pictures up.. If i could send them to somone so they could put them up here let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 05:03 PM
wriott

let it go... it will never drive the same... and a salvage titled vehicle cant be insured under full coverage, rebuilt titles can. seems like you are gonna have alot into it and still have a truck that will never have the resale value it should
Old 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Leave it totaled and buy a new truck.

Depending on your state laws. It may be a pain to get this truck back on the road.

In Michigan, you have a list of things that need to be repaired or replaced. You need to have documentation, and the vehicle needs to go through an inspection by the a State Vehicle Inspector. Then you can get it titled and registered for the road.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Other option if you can afford is keep and make it a project truck. For drag racing or sled pulling. But it would never be registered again.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

Got to agree. Let it go. Salvage titles are difficult at best to sell. You will never get the money out of what you put in it. Also the truck will never be the same. Bent frame???? Run away.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Its hard to throw away a 50,000dollar truck that's only 11,000 now. It still runs no motor damage at all. only damage to the cab is a rear passenger door and corner of cab.. Yea it looks like the frame is slightly damaged but im sure a good 5 to 7 grand this truck could run perfect again. I could prob have it running and going downt the street within 2 hours(minus the bed). I just know this truck is going to go up for auction and ill be seeing it go down the road in a week or so. (while im kicking myself)
Old 02-04-2010, 05:18 PM
duct tape & zip ties

You could keep it, strip it and sell the parts.

Or what I would do is keep it. Buy an older truck like a 2000 or so with a blown engine. Then put your 6.4L and trans and t-case in that truck. You could mod it because guess what your warranty is up once it is slavaged.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:19 PM
wriott

well it sounds like you already made up your mind.... and 7 grand i would say is on the LOW side... prob closer to 11K in repairs...
Old 02-04-2010, 05:20 PM

dude if youve got the money just buy it back and part it out or keep it and make a drag or pullin truck out of it.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:20 PM

HMMMM. never thought of that one.. Anybody try to swap one of these motors into a 07 or earlier?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.