Exhaust question... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust question...

I already used the search option to try and find my answer and i didnt see exactly what i was looking for. I m gonna buy my spartan and exhaust next week and im not sure whether to do 4 or 5 inch exhaust. Anyone that could give me the pros and cons to each would really help. Is there a sound difference thats noticable or a performance gain of any kind between the 2? Thanks in advance for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 AM

don't believe there is much of a difference. The biggest downpipe you can get is 4" so it's always gonna be 4" going into 5.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 AM

Yea thats what i figured. Ive heard a a lot of good stuff about the afe 4 inch, so ive started to lean more towards that. I originally wanted 5 but im not sure about the flo-pro system. I had 5 on my last 6.0 and i like the sound compared to the 4 on my other 6.0s. Does the 5 sound much different than the 4 on the 6.4?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The 5" Flo-Pro systems seem to be better quality than th 4" Flo-Pro systems. As for differences, I have had both a 4" and 5" single exhaust. I don't see much of a difference in exhaust sound in them. The 5" is deeper at idle with a little less hair dryer sound than the 4", but at WOT I don't see a difference at all. I currently run the 4" AFE SS exhaust with a 4" Flo-Pro downpipe and I love it. I will use this system every winter.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@CDP View Post
The 5" Flo-Pro systems seem to be better quality than th 4" Flo-Pro systems. As for differences, I have had both a 4" and 5" single exhaust. I don't see much of a difference in exhaust sound in them. The 5" is deeper at idle with a little less hair dryer sound than the 4", but at WOT I don't see a difference at all. I currently run the 4" AFE SS exhaust with a 4" Flo-Pro downpipe and I love it. I will use this system every winter.
Ok thats the answer i was lookin for. i cant wait to purchase my spartan and exhaust and get it on the truck! Now i just have to find the best prices and make a purchase
Old 01-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyP-stroke1288 View Post
Ok thats the answer i was lookin for. i cant wait to purchase my spartan and exhaust and get it on the truck! Now i just have to find the best prices and make a purchase
Let me know If I can help!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:31 AM

If you can find time i would like to get a price on a spartan, 4 inch afe exhaust and the pod mount for the dd. I wont be ordering until next week so whenever you get to it is fine. You could just pm me with the info. I would also like to know the difference in price if i was to step up to the 5 inch... Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 AM

I run the 4" straight piped Flo-Pro kit on my truck. Inside the cab it is close to stock, but outside it sounds very aggressive when you get on the throttle. The 5" kits have an even deeper sound. Most of our customers end up with the 4" straight piped kit and are very happy with it.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyP-stroke1288 View Post
If you can find time i would like to get a price on a spartan, 4 inch afe exhaust and the pod mount for the dd. I wont be ordering until next week so whenever you get to it is fine. You could just pm me with the info. I would also like to know the difference in price if i was to step up to the 5 inch... Thanks!
AFE has 5" in the works, but trust me stay with the AFE its 100x better quality in fit and finish! Also, did Jeff PM you the pricing you requested?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbsDieselPerformance View Post
AFE has 5" in the works, but trust me stay with the AFE its 100x better quality in fit and finish! Also, did Jeff PM you the pricing you requested?
Do you have any idea how long it will be before the afe 5 inch is realeased? I would definitely be interested in that. And he hasnt pm'ed me yet, i think he signed off before i made the post requesting the prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.