spartan 310 tune as a daily driver? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
abruno25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: long island new york
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question spartan 310 tune as a daily driver?

whats up so i'm running the 250 tune as a daily driver and wow!!! so as the saying goes... your always curious and want more! so i want to know if anyone is driving the 310 as a daily driver... i'm not looking to hammer the peddel but like the power when its time to smoke a cummings.... so any pros or cons to running the 310 tune as a daily driver?

abruno25 is offline  
post #2 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
AED F250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 474
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The "mild" 310 would be just fine for a DD tune. The standard or "aggressive", as they now call it now, is VERY touchy on the peddle. If you'r not driving on a smooth road it is almost impossible to keep the truck cruising w/o bumping your foot off the throttle and making the truck jump violently.

Honestly, I would roll the 275 tune as a DD. The more you beat on it with the 310 the sooner the cab will need to come off....lol

2008 FX4

Fabtech 8 w/37's

Intake, delete pipe/exhaust, Spartan/KEM tuning

567 RWHP/1128 RWTQ

13.3 @ 103.9 MPH
AED F250 is offline  
post #3 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
abruno25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: long island new york
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AED F250 View Post
The "mild" 310 would be just fine for a DD tune. The standard or "aggressive", as they now call it now, is VERY touchy on the peddle. If you'r not driving on a smooth road it is almost impossible to keep the truck cruising w/o bumping your foot off the throttle and making the truck jump violently.

Honestly, I would roll the 275 tune as a DD. The more you beat on it with the 310 the sooner the cab will need to come off....lol
thanks for the help, i have a 6" fabtech lift that i'm going to be installing, did you have issues with vibration when you installed your 8" lift? and did you dino your truck, is the rwhp accurate?

abruno25 is offline  
post #4 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
AED F250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 474
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I own a high performance automotive shop and a dyno. The numbers in my sig. are accurate. I have also dyno'd most of the higher HP tunes, (Spartan only), as well as when each individual mod went on the truck.

As for the lift thing, I didn't have any issues with vibrations after the lift. My only issue is axle wrap from the torque!....lol I have a set of Farm Boy Stage 2 traction bars on he way to fix that though.

After you install your lift make sure you go back and retorque everything after you put some miles on the truck.

2008 FX4

Fabtech 8 w/37's

Intake, delete pipe/exhaust, Spartan/KEM tuning

567 RWHP/1128 RWTQ

13.3 @ 103.9 MPH
AED F250 is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
abruno25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: long island new york
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AED F250 View Post
I own a high performance automotive shop and a dyno. The numbers in my sig. are accurate. I have also dyno'd most of the higher HP tunes, (Spartan only), as well as when each individual mod went on the truck.

As for the lift thing, I didn't have any issues with vibrations after the lift. My only issue is axle wrap from the torque!....lol I have a set of Farm Boy Stage 2 traction bars on he way to fix that though.

After you install your lift make sure you go back and retorque everything after you put some miles on the truck.
i got ya, thank for the help!
you have me all excited because i have the same set up as you and if i can get almost 600rwhp that awsome... how much did the tracttions bars run you?

abruno25 is offline  
post #6 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
winchester33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brazil, Indiana
Posts: 1,060
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they are like 600 bucks!!! but they are 1000% worth it. A must on trucks with any form of lift IMO.


2008 Ford F-250 6.4L
winchester33 is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Member
 
SpartanGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hendersonville,NC
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I do know a few guys that like to run the 310hp tune as a DD. One example would be everyone at Spartan! But I will have to be honest with you that I would never recommend running the 310 as a DD. Everyone knows when they call in and talk to us at Spartan, the first thing Donna and I say is if you are going to run the 310 as a DD then we will go ahead and give you the number to Sun Coast! Stick with the 275hp! Trust me a 275hp tune is more then enough to take on a dodge!

Last edited by SpartanGal; 01-26-2010 at 01:30 PM.
SpartanGal is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
abruno25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: long island new york
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGal View Post
I do know a few guys that like to run the 310hp tune as a DD. One example would be everyone at Spartan! But I will have to be honest with you that I would never recommend running the 310 as a DD. Everyone knows when they call in and talk to us at Spartan, the first thing Donna and I say is if you are going to run the 310 as a DD then we will go ahead and give you the number to Sun Coast! Stick with the 275hp! Trust me a 275hp tune is more then enough to take on a dodge!
thanks for the advise... now my question to you would be has the 275 tune been perfected yet to stop the puking coolent...?

abruno25 is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Hanging_Heels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: St. Lucie/Martin County Florida
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ive been running the 275 tune no tcm now for quite some time and it is the perfect DD (and my truck is a job 1) It's more then powerful enough to step up to the plate against a cummins or duramax... the expressions on their faces are priceless lol

oh eight f-250 tuned by Spartan & Kem
Hanging_Heels is offline  
post #10 of 24 Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
troid123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,671
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruno25 View Post
whats up so i'm running the 250 tune as a daily driver and wow!!! so as the saying goes... your always curious and want more! so i want to know if anyone is driving the 310 as a daily driver... i'm not looking to hammer the peddel but like the power when its time to smoke a cummings.... so any pros or cons to running the 310 tune as a daily driver?
a cummings?? wth is that??

2006 F250 CC Short Bed King Ranch 4x4 (109,000 miles)
4" Turbo Back w/ 6" Tip
SCT x3 w/ Custom Tunes From DJ's/Innovative
03 turbo
Eclipse Navigation/DVD/CD/MP3 w/ Rear Camera
Rear DVD/MP3/CD Entertainment System
Escort Passport SR7 Built In Radar Detection System
K & N Cold Air Intake w/ S&B Replacement Filter
Roll-N-Lock Retractable Bed Cover
Nitto Trail Grappler LT295/70R18
***SOLD 10/31/11***

New Truck:
2011 Ford F-150 Limited 6.2L Super Crew
troid123 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome