spartan 310 tune as a daily driver? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question spartan 310 tune as a daily driver?

whats up so i'm running the 250 tune as a daily driver and wow!!! so as the saying goes... your always curious and want more! so i want to know if anyone is driving the 310 as a daily driver... i'm not looking to hammer the peddel but like the power when its time to smoke a cummings.... so any pros or cons to running the 310 tune as a daily driver?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 AM

The "mild" 310 would be just fine for a DD tune. The standard or "aggressive", as they now call it now, is VERY touchy on the peddle. If you'r not driving on a smooth road it is almost impossible to keep the truck cruising w/o bumping your foot off the throttle and making the truck jump violently.

Honestly, I would roll the 275 tune as a DD. The more you beat on it with the 310 the sooner the cab will need to come off....lol
Old 01-26-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AED F250 View Post
The "mild" 310 would be just fine for a DD tune. The standard or "aggressive", as they now call it now, is VERY touchy on the peddle. If you'r not driving on a smooth road it is almost impossible to keep the truck cruising w/o bumping your foot off the throttle and making the truck jump violently.

Honestly, I would roll the 275 tune as a DD. The more you beat on it with the 310 the sooner the cab will need to come off....lol
thanks for the help, i have a 6" fabtech lift that i'm going to be installing, did you have issues with vibration when you installed your 8" lift? and did you dino your truck, is the rwhp accurate?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 AM

I own a high performance automotive shop and a dyno. The numbers in my sig. are accurate. I have also dyno'd most of the higher HP tunes, (Spartan only), as well as when each individual mod went on the truck.

As for the lift thing, I didn't have any issues with vibrations after the lift. My only issue is axle wrap from the torque!....lol I have a set of Farm Boy Stage 2 traction bars on he way to fix that though.

After you install your lift make sure you go back and retorque everything after you put some miles on the truck.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AED F250 View Post
I own a high performance automotive shop and a dyno. The numbers in my sig. are accurate. I have also dyno'd most of the higher HP tunes, (Spartan only), as well as when each individual mod went on the truck.

As for the lift thing, I didn't have any issues with vibrations after the lift. My only issue is axle wrap from the torque!....lol I have a set of Farm Boy Stage 2 traction bars on he way to fix that though.

After you install your lift make sure you go back and retorque everything after you put some miles on the truck.
i got ya, thank for the help!
you have me all excited because i have the same set up as you and if i can get almost 600rwhp that awsome... how much did the tracttions bars run you?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM

they are like 600 bucks!!! but they are 1000% worth it. A must on trucks with any form of lift IMO.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 PM

I do know a few guys that like to run the 310hp tune as a DD. One example would be everyone at Spartan! But I will have to be honest with you that I would never recommend running the 310 as a DD. Everyone knows when they call in and talk to us at Spartan, the first thing Donna and I say is if you are going to run the 310 as a DD then we will go ahead and give you the number to Sun Coast! Stick with the 275hp! Trust me a 275hp tune is more then enough to take on a dodge!

Last edited by SpartanGal; 01-26-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:40 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGal View Post
I do know a few guys that like to run the 310hp tune as a DD. One example would be everyone at Spartan! But I will have to be honest with you that I would never recommend running the 310 as a DD. Everyone knows when they call in and talk to us at Spartan, the first thing Donna and I say is if you are going to run the 310 as a DD then we will go ahead and give you the number to Sun Coast! Stick with the 275hp! Trust me a 275hp tune is more then enough to take on a dodge!
thanks for the advise... now my question to you would be has the 275 tune been perfected yet to stop the puking coolent...?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:52 PM

Ive been running the 275 tune no tcm now for quite some time and it is the perfect DD (and my truck is a job 1) It's more then powerful enough to step up to the plate against a cummins or duramax... the expressions on their faces are priceless lol
Old 01-26-2010, 04:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruno25 View Post
whats up so i'm running the 250 tune as a daily driver and wow!!! so as the saying goes... your always curious and want more! so i want to know if anyone is driving the 310 as a daily driver... i'm not looking to hammer the peddel but like the power when its time to smoke a cummings.... so any pros or cons to running the 310 tune as a daily driver?
a cummings?? wth is that??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.