DPF/DOC Delete Pipe Needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-20-2010, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
08FX4RBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shermansdale, PA
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DPF/DOC Delete Pipe Needed

Who has these in stock right now and which one is the best right now??
You can PM with price and availability.

TIA

2008 F250 FX4 CC, Short Bed, Red/Chrome
AFE CAI,MBRP Cool Duals,DPF Delete,MBRP 3 inch Cold Side IC Pipe, 37's SS M16's,ReadyLift 2.5/2.0 SST Kit,Rancho RS9000 Adjustable Shocks,Fox Racing Dual Steering Stabilizer,Recon Smoked LED Tails,3rd Brake,Mirror Turn Signals,LED Dome,Smoked Cab Lights
08FX4RBP is offline  
post #2 of 13 Old 01-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict


 
08stroker250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 5
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You have a PM sir!

Jeff Dodd
spartan_jeff12@yahoo.com

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
08stroker250 is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 01-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
Rudy's diesel performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08FX4RBP View Post
Who has these in stock right now and which one is the best right now??
You can PM with price and availability.

TIA
Powerstroker67 is going to make the highest quality DPF/DOC Delete pipe. We make them in 4" and 5", and also have them ceramic coated, ready to ship. I will PM you with a price.

-Aaron

Sales @ Rudy's Diesel Performance
*CONTACT US FOR SPECIAL PACKAGE DEALS ON SPARTAN, SCT AND H&S PERFORMANCE DPF/CAT DELETE KITS*
(919) 383-9300 OR Toll-Free # 1-866-757-6537

Rudy's diesel performance is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
InMotionJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Deerfield Beach FL
Posts: 1,759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
Aaron is who I got mine from, as well as my suncoast tranny. highly recomend.

2013 CCSB Lariat Ultimate

H&S/AmpResearch/FloPro/MBRP/Recon/AFE More To Come


InMotionJosh is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan City, IN
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We have them on our website. Please feel to take a look around.

James
RSD
Rollin Smoke Diesel is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
DSTRBD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We have the Flo-Pro DPF/DOC delete pipe in stock, ready to ship. Here is a link.

Flo-Pro DPF/DOC Delete



ICON Vehicle Dynamics | S&B Intakes | MBRP Exhaust | American Force Wheels | Diamond Eye | AFE Intakes | Carli Suspension | Industrial Injection | Garrett Turbos | FASS | Method Wheels | Bilstein Shocks | Airdog | KMC Wheels | Spartan | RSouth Bend Clutch | SCT | Edge Products | ATS Diesel | Bullydog | BMF Wheels | AMP Research | & much more....

DSTRBD is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 01-22-2010, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
08FX4RBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shermansdale, PA
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there a difference in sound with doing the DPF delete only or doing the DPF/DOC Pipe?

How long does it take to install these also?

2008 F250 FX4 CC, Short Bed, Red/Chrome
AFE CAI,MBRP Cool Duals,DPF Delete,MBRP 3 inch Cold Side IC Pipe, 37's SS M16's,ReadyLift 2.5/2.0 SST Kit,Rancho RS9000 Adjustable Shocks,Fox Racing Dual Steering Stabilizer,Recon Smoked LED Tails,3rd Brake,Mirror Turn Signals,LED Dome,Smoked Cab Lights
08FX4RBP is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 01-22-2010, 04:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
powerstroker67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chaplin, CT
Posts: 828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08FX4RBP View Post
Is there a difference in sound with doing the DPF delete only or doing the DPF/DOC Pipe?

How long does it take to install these also?
Yes there is a sound difference between DPF only and CAT/DPF combination, noise levels change very little with DPF only. The CAT/DPF combination does increase the noise out the tailpipe, not a loud or rumble more of a turbo/ compressor sound. The stock muffler/tailpipe combination doesn't have much "muffler" in it, but when a CAT/DPF is used with an aftermarket exhaust that includes a muffle the sound is very nice. As far as install time, it depends on the brand and type pipe you use. Some pipes fit much better than others, EGT sensors or probes and the factory pressure sensor are the toughest part. Our pipes include the pressure sensor fitting so the factory one doesn't have to be remove. We pride ourselves or the highest quality and best fitting pipes, ask around and you will see. From downpipes to tailpipes, DPF only to full one piece CAT/DPF we have it all covered. We even build custom CAT/DPF pipes for every aftermarket exhaust systems to eliminate the 3.5" reduced sections that the aftermarket DPF back systems have. Here are some quick instuctions on the CAT/DPF pipe install. Let Aaron or know if we can help you.
Sean




CAT/DPF OFFROAD Pipe install: NOTE DO NOT INSTALL PIPE WITHOUT HAVING THE PROPER PROGRAMMING IN HAND FIRST, INSTALL WITHOUT PROGRAMMING WILL RESULT IN REGEN/RUNNING PROBLEMS

1. Begin with cool exhaust system, spray the 3 EGT sensor with good penetrating oil approx. 1hr+ before removal begins.
2. Remove the 3 EGT sensors using a high quality 13mm line wrench or crows foot(DON'T HEAT SENSOR, DAMAGE AND RUNNING ISSUES WITH RESULT). Sometimes shocking the wrench helps break them loose, the rear one seems to be the worst.
3. Remove the 15mm nut holding the DPF pressure sensor brkt to the CAT/DPF flange,rotate the sensor brkt away from the stud the free up the hose from the factory nipple(BE CAREFUL,SENSOR IS PLASTIC AND VERY EASY TO BREAK).
4. Remove the 13mm nuts along the outside of the frame that hold the exhaust hanger brkts to the frame(pipe will be removed with hangers,rubbers and brkts still on the pipe).
5. Using a racket strap, apply pressure rearward on the factory muffler/tailpipe assemble to remove it from the factory DPF, set exhaust out of the way to make room to remove the CAT/DPF assemble.
6. Using a 13mm flex socket and extension, remove the 13mm headed bolts that hold the factory CAT/DPF to the down pipe(you don't have to hold the nuts,they are welded to the CAT flange).
7. Using a helper, remove the CAT/DPF assemble and brkts/mounts, THIS ASSEMBLE IS VERY HEAVY AND HELP IS NEEDED TO SAFELY REMOVE IT.
8. Install new pipe with supplied hardward to the down pipe, loosely set height and rotation of pipe to clear crossmember and snug the bolts(you can use and tiedown to hold the rear section of this new pipe and set height).
9. Now install the factory or aftermarket exhaust, if you run into a tight fit you can use a racket type strap to apply pressure forward and wiggle the junction up and down while keeping pressure on the strap.
10. Make sure not to rotate the rear pipe as it may twist the CAT/DPF pipe to downpipe alignment, once all pipes are properly aligned tighten the downpipe bolts,then tighten the clamp between the end on the new pipe and rear exhaust(stock or aftermarket).
11. Install EGT probes with a little never sieze on the threads, install pressure sensor onto pipe brkt with the hardware supplied.
12. Install proper programming BEFORE running the truck! Don't even start the truck while pipe is removed or sensor are unhooked, this will cause problems with the truck running.
13. Start truck and check for leaks,correct if needed. Check of proper clearance of wires,sensor and crossmember, fix if needed.

Last edited by powerstroker67; 01-22-2010 at 05:44 AM.
powerstroker67 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
08FX4RBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shermansdale, PA
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks...that clears it all up.

2008 F250 FX4 CC, Short Bed, Red/Chrome
AFE CAI,MBRP Cool Duals,DPF Delete,MBRP 3 inch Cold Side IC Pipe, 37's SS M16's,ReadyLift 2.5/2.0 SST Kit,Rancho RS9000 Adjustable Shocks,Fox Racing Dual Steering Stabilizer,Recon Smoked LED Tails,3rd Brake,Mirror Turn Signals,LED Dome,Smoked Cab Lights
08FX4RBP is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 01-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke Techie

 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroker67 View Post
Yes there is a sound difference between DPF only and CAT/DPF combination, noise levels change very little with DPF only. The CAT/DPF combination does increase the noise out the tailpipe, not a loud or rumble more of a turbo/ compressor sound. The stock muffler/tailpipe combination doesn't have much "muffler" in it, but when a CAT/DPF is used with an aftermarket exhaust that includes a muffle the sound is very nice. As far as install time, it depends on the brand and type pipe you use. Some pipes fit much better than others, EGT sensors or probes and the factory pressure sensor are the toughest part. Our pipes include the pressure sensor fitting so the factory one doesn't have to be remove. We pride ourselves or the highest quality and best fitting pipes, ask around and you will see. From downpipes to tailpipes, DPF only to full one piece CAT/DPF we have it all covered. We even build custom CAT/DPF pipes for every aftermarket exhaust systems to eliminate the 3.5" reduced sections that the aftermarket DPF back systems have. Here are some quick instuctions on the CAT/DPF pipe install. Let Aaron or know if we can help you.
Sean




CAT/DPF OFFROAD Pipe install: NOTE DO NOT INSTALL PIPE WITHOUT HAVING THE PROPER PROGRAMMING IN HAND FIRST, INSTALL WITHOUT PROGRAMMING WILL RESULT IN REGEN/RUNNING PROBLEMS

1. Begin with cool exhaust system, spray the 3 EGT sensor with good penetrating oil approx. 1hr+ before removal begins.
2. Remove the 3 EGT sensors using a high quality 13mm line wrench or crows foot(DON'T HEAT SENSOR, DAMAGE AND RUNNING ISSUES WITH RESULT). Sometimes shocking the wrench helps break them loose, the rear one seems to be the worst.
3. Remove the 15mm nut holding the DPF pressure sensor brkt to the CAT/DPF flange,rotate the sensor brkt away from the stud the free up the hose from the factory nipple(BE CAREFUL,SENSOR IS PLASTIC AND VERY EASY TO BREAK).
4. Remove the 13mm nuts along the outside of the frame that hold the exhaust hanger brkts to the frame(pipe will be removed with hangers,rubbers and brkts still on the pipe).
5. Using a racket strap, apply pressure rearward on the factory muffler/tailpipe assemble to remove it from the factory DPF, set exhaust out of the way to make room to remove the CAT/DPF assemble.
6. Using a 13mm flex socket and extension, remove the 13mm headed bolts that hold the factory CAT/DPF to the down pipe(you don't have to hold the nuts,they are welded to the CAT flange).
7. Using a helper, remove the CAT/DPF assemble and brkts/mounts, THIS ASSEMBLE IS VERY HEAVY AND HELP IS NEEDED TO SAFELY REMOVE IT.
8. Install new pipe with supplied hardward to the down pipe, loosely set height and rotation of pipe to clear crossmember and snug the bolts(you can use and tiedown to hold the rear section of this new pipe and set height).
9. Now install the factory or aftermarket exhaust, if you run into a tight fit you can use a racket type strap to apply pressure forward and wiggle the junction up and down while keeping pressure on the strap.
10. Make sure not to rotate the rear pipe as it may twist the CAT/DPF pipe to downpipe alignment, once all pipes are properly aligned tighten the downpipe bolts,then tighten the clamp between the end on the new pipe and rear exhaust(stock or aftermarket).
11. Install EGT probes with a little never sieze on the threads, install pressure sensor onto pipe brkt with the hardware supplied.
12. Install proper programming BEFORE running the truck! Don't even start the truck while pipe is removed or sensor are unhooked, this will cause problems with the truck running.
13. Start truck and check for leaks,correct if needed. Check of proper clearance of wires,sensor and crossmember, fix if needed.
Only thing I would like to add here -- It may be easier to remove the DPF from the DOC before removal, just from the standpoint of them things are HEAAAAAAAVY, and it's a lot more manageable in two pieces.

However, you'll need to replace the gasket if you do this, and the gasket/nut kit isn't cheap.

Ford Senior Diesel Technician
2008 F-350 4x4 Off Road 6.4 Powerstroke Diesel
There are strange things done 'neath the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.
The arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.
Big Angry Hillbilly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome