BD BOV!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BD BOV!!!

Ok ive got some money thats burning a hole in my pocket and I have decided to buy the bov kit with the intercooler pipe from Rudy. I also bought a spartan setup and its in the mail. Is there any special tuning that I need to have done to run the BOV? Also I dont have studs yet but am going to get some soon. Could I adjust the BOV to help with blowing the H.G. Just a thought. Im going to save up and do the elite studs and wastegate at the same time. So thats my plan for now...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64sledpuller View Post
Ok ive got some money thats burning a hole in my pocket and I have decided to buy the bov kit with the intercooler pipe from Rudy. I also bought a spartan setup and its in the mail. Is there any special tuning that I need to have done to run the BOV? Also I dont have studs yet but am going to get some soon. Could I adjust the BOV to help with blowing the H.G. Just a thought. Im going to save up and do the elite studs and wastegate at the same time. So thats my plan for now...............
The BOV in no way will prevent blowing your head gaskets.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No special tuning to run the BOV, it comes with it's own controller. Like John said it will not prevent blowing HG, but studs and wastegate will. If you have any questions feel free to give us a call.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Thanks for your help guys! Now let me pick your brains alittle more. I was planning on doing the bov but now im trying to think about other options. Could you guys give me some more info on any other parts that might be good. Ive got the flo-pro down pipe full 4" dpf delete exhaust, S&B intake, and my spartan setup is in the mail. What might be some other good parts I could buy for under the 1000.00 mark.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Really the next few things need to be making your motor more reliable. Studs, head gaskets, EGR delete with wastegate, and a BOV. That is going to keep your motor and turbo's safe. Then I would go towards the tranny rebuild and torque converter.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@CDP View Post
Really the next few things need to be making your motor more reliable. Studs, head gaskets, EGR delete with wastegate, and a BOV. That is going to keep your motor and turbo's safe. Then I would go towards the tranny rebuild and torque converter.
on my spartan setup I only got the regular package with the 250 tune. I dont want to run the 275 and 310 until I get studs and until winter is over. I was just looking at your site and was curious about doing the intercooler pipe and the cfm elbow. Is there anything that needs to be done special for the cfm elbow. I read that you loose your cruise control and might have do do a wastegate. I was thinking of maybee doing those two mods instead of the bov
Old 01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
on my spartan setup I only got the regular package with the 250 tune. I dont want to run the 275 and 310 until I get studs and until winter is over. I was just looking at your site and was curious about doing the intercooler pipe and the cfm elbow. Is there anything that needs to be done special for the cfm elbow. I read that you loose your cruise control and might have do do a wastegate. I was thinking of maybee doing those two mods instead of the bov
They are both great mods. You will need to have the EGR deleted/turned off to run the CFM elbow. Without proper tuning it will also cause your cruise control to stop working, but you can get it tuned to allow the cruise control to work. There isn't a need for the wastegate to run it, but drive pressure does increase with the EGR deleted.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@CDP View Post
They are both great mods. You will need to have the EGR deleted/turned off to run the CFM elbow. Without proper tuning it will also cause your cruise control to stop working, but you can get it tuned to allow the cruise control to work. There isn't a need for the wastegate to run it, but drive pressure does increase with the EGR deleted.
Is there a noticeable diff with the ic pipe and cfm elbow
Old 01-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Is there a noticeable diff with the ic pipe and cfm elbow
I am not real sure with the CFM intake elbow, but there should be a difference with the IC pipe. The IC pipe should give a slight drop in EGT's and slightly quicker boost.

I don't have the CFM intake elbow on my truck yet, but John does on his truck. He would be the person to ask if there is a noticeable difference.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If anyoine is looking for a Used CFM+ Elbow & Adapter, Spearco IC, and IC pipe I will make someone a offer they can't turn down. We are adding a new truck to stable and are going to be removing some of the 6.4L Parts to turn it into a more driver friendly vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.