Time for new brakes! Going with cross drilled and slotted - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Time for new brakes! Going with cross drilled and slotted

Its time to put new brakes on the truck and I just ordered ebc yellow stuff pads. I want to get new rotors and was wondering what a good brand of aftermarket rotors were. Im kinda leary about buying rotors off of ebay cause I do tow some and dont want some cheap rotors that warp or crack after a week of use. So I was wondering if any of you guys or girls had tried a aftermarket brake rotor and liked it. Also for you do it yourselfers how hard are the brakes to do on this truck. Ive always changed my brakes and its easy on the dodge and chevy trucks but this is my first ford. Is there any special tools that I will need. Thanks in advance guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Cryo'd Powerslots work well with Hawk LTS pads. (My set up.) I was told to avoid any cross drilled rotors as they are known to crack on our trucks. Repeating what I heard.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Cryo'd Powerslots work well with Hawk LTS pads. (My set up.) I was told to avoid any cross drilled rotors as they are known to crack on our trucks. Repeating what I heard.
What he said!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Factory rotors will crack -- I wouldn't be punching holes in them by cross drilling or whatever.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:10 PM

Thanks guys thats exactly what I needed to know. So now cross drilled rotors! Who can I get a good set of cryod rotors from? Also what do yall think about the ebc yellow stuff rotors?

This question is to Cobbs or any other vendor on here that might have a steering stabazlier. I saw the steering stabalizer on your site (cobbs) How much better is the bilstein vs the pro comp one?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:45 AM

Man I Dont Know About The Yellow Pads, But I Had The Green Pads On A 1996 Impala SS Of Mine With Cross Drilled Rotors From Bear And The Green Pads Put Out Alot Of Brake Dust
Old 01-09-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbredhold View Post
Man I Dont Know About The Yellow Pads, But I Had The Green Pads On A 1996 Impala SS Of Mine With Cross Drilled Rotors From Bear And The Green Pads Put Out Alot Of Brake Dust
Thats exactly what I dont want! Have you had any luck with any other types of pads?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:55 AM

I just read a bunch of reviews and it seems that HAWK pads are the best pads. I think the yellow stuff pads might bite harder but have alot more brake dust. I just ordered the hawk cryo rotors and im going to try them with the yello stuff pads.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I had some ebc pads on a mustang one time and they were junk. just my $ .02
Old 01-09-2010, 02:26 PM

I Also Heard That The Hawk Pads Were Nice, But Have Not Tried Them Personally! The Only Reason I Used The EBC Green Pads Was Because I Had 22" Fooses On The Impala Ant Thought That Seeing The Green Pads Behind The Wheel's Would Look Cool! Lets Just Say Look's Ain't Worth The Fact That I Had To Wash Just My Wheels About Every Other Day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.