Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mini maxx pyro question

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RandomForumGuy 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, i was scrolling through the mini maxx gauges and i saw pyro 2 and decided to see what it read. I was surprised to see that the temps stayed in the mid 200's the whole time no matter what throttle position. Is this do to the tuner tricking the ecu into thinking the dpf is still there and not throwing a check engine light? Or is it just a bad sensor? If so what pyro probe is the number 2 for the mini max?

#5 ·
H&S offered a universal pyro kit that used a PCH board to convert & transmit up to 2 additional pyro signals to the Mini Max or Black Max. The board also had inputs for 3 analog inputs but I don't recall if they were actually usable withe the tuners. H&S basically used Bully Dog hardware so this stuff is probably still available.
When using these add on pyro(s) you had to switch the source on the tuner from Factory To H&S.

The H&S 709905 Pyrometer Kit allows to to take two different pyrometer readings and display them on your H&S Performance Tuner. This Kit contains the PCH board assembly that is required to hook up a Pyrometer to a Black Maxx or Mini Maxx Tuner. It is required to hook up a Pyrometer to a Black Maxx or Mini Maxx Tuner or if you would like to add a post-turbo pyrometer to your tuner."
thanks guys, so i guess if you had the aftermarket pyro you would switch to pyro 2 on the h&s then. Thanks for the help. Now i know i dont have a thermocoupler that took a dump

#4 ·
H&S offered a universal pyro kit that used a PCH board to convert & transmit up to 2 additional pyro signals to the Mini Max or Black Max. The board also had inputs for 3 analog inputs but I don't recall if they were actually usable withe the tuners. H&S basically used Bully Dog hardware so this stuff is probably still available.
When using these add on pyro(s) you had to switch the source on the tuner from Factory To H&S.

The H&S 709905 Pyrometer Kit allows to to take two different pyrometer readings and display them on your H&S Performance Tuner. This Kit contains the PCH board assembly that is required to hook up a Pyrometer to a Black Maxx or Mini Maxx Tuner. It is required to hook up a Pyrometer to a Black Maxx or Mini Maxx Tuner or if you would like to add a post-turbo pyrometer to your tuner."

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.