Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

H&S LBF Setting

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lipka101 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have searched through most of this forum and throughout the internet for an answer to this question.. What I would like to know is what LBF setting on the H&S Mini Max is SAFE to use. I like how my truck feels and response on LBF 3, but I am worried that this setting might not be safe for my truck to run. I don't race and I dont care about blowing smoke. I just want my truck to run efficiently, I know that the higher setting the less fuel economy I will achieve, but as I said before I do like how it feels on LBF 3. So to sum it up, can I run my truck safely on LBF 3?

#2 ·
What setting is "safe" to use?? Any of them.

I run mine on 4 with my 6.7. I know a couple local guys here that ran theirs on 5 for over 100k miles and never had a problem. One of them was in a cummins, the other in a 6.4.

Running a higher LBF setting will not blow up your motor. You're basically setting how much smoke you want to come out of your tailpipe when you stomp on the skinny pedal. Once the turbo(s) spool up, the smoke will go away.

Some claim they can feel an increase in low boost throttle response with a higher LBF setting. I don't know about that, I've tried settings 1-5 on mine, and the only thing I noticed is more or less smoke. No difference in throttle response. .

Some claim running a higher LBF setting is hard on injectors, but I have yet to see any evidence of that.

Don't worry so much. Set it and forget it.

#3 ·
Thanks for the insight. That's primarily what I was worried about, I didn't know if running a higher LBF would do any harm to my injectors. Does anyone else out there have any opinions on this? Again I don't beat on my truck, but occasionally I will put the peddle to the floor. Just want to make certain I'm safe in doing so.

#4 ·
My opinion. If you don't feel a difference between any of the settings, set it on its lowest setting. Although none of the settings will harm your truck. No reason to dump smoke like all of these toolbags that think it's funny.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.