Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Got the Green Light for Upgrades

784 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  nslumang 
#1 · (Edited)
DPF/CAT/EGR Delete & Oil Cooler Recommendations on a $3800-$4000 budget.

Good Morning everyone,

I have enjoyed reading all the reviews and posts regarding the 6.4. It has been extremely helpful in providing guidance on my vehicle. I have a 2008 Ford F250 6.4 with approximately 140000 miles. It is a daily driver and only tow an 18 ft. boat on the weekends. Recently, I had a wrench light turn on and pulled the code P012F from it. It was recommended to change out the oil coolers and EGR coolers to prevent more expensive damage to the motor, etc. Because the rigor and expense of the repair, I have decided to pursue the DPF/CAT/EGR full delete. The costs of replacing the oil cooler and EGR coolers would have been close to deleting the DPF/CAT/EGR as well as replacing the oil cooler.

Now the only difficult part was running by the old lady. To my surprise, she was all for it even when I told her it might up towards $3800 for everything. Now, I do have several options on programmers, kits, oil coolers, etc, etc. What I would like everyone's help on is which product(s) to select. This is my current product selection:

H&S Mini Maxx: $749
Flo-Pro DPF/CAT Delete Pipe Stainless Steel: $215
S&B Cold Air Intake Dry: $289
Mini Maxx Dash Mount: $64

These are from the performance truck products website.

The shop I am planning on going to quoted me an install price of these products plus an oil cooler for $1800.

This would bring the grand total to about $3117 before taxes.

I will call him today and ask for a quote of install if I purchased the oil cooler.

What is everyone's opinions about these costs? Are they relatively average for what is going to be done?

The mechanic was previously employed at a Ford Dealership and is ASE certified and has all his certificates posted on his website.

I do not plan on doing any extensive racing or towing. Mostly, it will be a daily driver with the occasional boat in tow (possibly an RV in the future). Regardless, I just want to make sure I am preventing any future mishaps and have been given the green light to make these necessary modifications.

Now, I would also like to add the mishimoto radiators with all necessary parts as well, but would like to stay under my $3800 budget. Now, I am willing to compromise on programmers and other parts to be able to afford the mishimoto radiator and necessary parts as well ($1000-$1500). I am planning on using the Mishimoto 6.4L Powerstroke write up found in this forum.

So, my fellow powerstrokers, for $3800 what combination of programmers, DPF/CAT/EGR deletes (I would like the EGR coolers to be completed deleted instead of blocked off), oil cooler, and other necessary modifications would you recommend? (I would like to change the head studs and do more, but I do not think that will fit in the budget). I could possibly push the budget to $4000.

For example, I was considering the DPF-R, but it does not allow for the complete EGR cooler deletes. This would have been great and allowed me to afford the Mishimoto Radiators plus all necessary parts.

I am open to all recommendations and suggestions. Your insight will be extremely helpful in deciding as I do plan to order all parts by the end of next week. Looking forward to reading everyone's suggestions. Thank you!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.