Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ebp sensor reading to high?

22K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  willperez06 
#1 ·
Ok so I have a full EGR and DPF delete, with Spartan tuner set at +125hp

When I did it I moved the block plate and ebp sensor all the way up behind the turbo like others have done, completely removing all the pipe going to the old egr cooler.

My problem seems to be that im getting to much pressure at the sensor now, or im somehow damaging the sensor.

If I put a brand new ebp sensor in, the truck will run great for about two weeks, during which I will never see psi readings over 57psi even when getting into the throttle aggressively.

After about two weeks however, I will start seeing psi readings jumping up as high as 70+psi. When this happens it causes my turbo to start doing some crazy stuff...squealing and chirping and erratic boost.

Anybody else having these kinds of issues?

How about your top psi readings? What are you hitting?

This is driving me crazy! Please help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have the sensor right in the block off plate or did you use the tube to keep it away from the heat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#5 ·
thanks for the thought on the cold, I made sure the sensor is at the highest point, but I have been having this problem for about six months, so well back into last summer when it was warm. I keep trying different things, all with no success. I have purchased 3 new sensors thinking that perhaps I got a bad one, but have the same results every time.

Can any of you tell me what kind of psi readings your getting on your ebp sensor? I am wondering if maybe those high psi readings in the 60-70 range aren't abnormal and there might actually be a problem with my turbo instead???

#7 ·
What tune/tunes are you running. At wot 60-70 is not abnormal but if it's running that high with normal driving you have and issue. Nevermind, went back and re-read your original post. On a 125 tune you shouldn't see EBP that high. I don't have a clue why it keeps eating sensors tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
The cold is always my first thought.

I don't think I've seen much more than 50 but I don't monitor back pressure on my mini max routinely.

Sounds like maybe a bad turbo, sticking vanes, or the VGT controller could be causing your issue. EBP sensors might be good and the it's VGT going nuts while driving and creating high BP. Neither turbo should squeal or chirp.

Check wires and plugs for shorts, etc.

Any Codes?

#8 ·
Like to here what EBP others without the deletes are reading on their monitors. You may have another problem , I started monitoring my EBP after do the deletes and I'm also getting high readings.

It will idle at 3psi and cruise at 18psi but if you hit the throttle 60psi is easy to reach.

#9 ·
No codes at all. which is making this real interesting.

ars5147, do you know how would I go about testing the VGT controller? When I turn on the key, the little control arm does cycle...

Interest numbers 3skidoos, at idle I'm at 13 psi even with a new sensor. It only seems to be the top of the range that changes...

#10 ·
Id think you'd have to hook the computer up and watch VGT duty cycle vs command while driving. Not sure though how to determine it actually is bad.

In a couple times of my EBP freezing up in the cold, I only got an over-boost code once.

#15 ·
im sorry I know this is a late reply/post and I came here for little help myself I'm new to the powerstroke I have a 2009 f250 6.4 and when eng off I'm getting 50 psi to my ebp sensor reading and driving if I get on it the high is 120 not tuned can I please get some help here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.