Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT X4 7015 update question

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  5star 
#1 ·
Greetings - wondering if anyone has been through this scenario... Last week I went to update my brand new X4 7015 tuner before plugging it into the truck for the first time and mid update it went into a communication error. I had to send it back to Florida and they reset it for me (for free, under warranty) AND got it turned back around on the Fedex truck in 1 business day - very cool of them. But my question is what is the likelihood that's going to happen to me again and should I try to uninstall the drivers and have them reload before plugging it back into the computer? Should I do something entirely different? See if they'll TeamViewer in and do it over the net the first time to make sure it's good to go?

What do you guys think? Thanks.

Jeremy
Princeton, MN

#3 ·
Hmmm. weird. Which version of the updater are you using? They have changed it a few times since Derive bought out SCT and there were a few bugs.

#5 ·
Well, I got time to hook the tuner up today (to the computer), not a lot happened at first, I had the Device Update software opened but nothing was going on so I clicked on "Automatically check for updates" and the Device Update software told me to unplug all devices as it couldn't find the details. Instead I just let it sit for several minutes and eventually the computer told me the drivers had been loaded so I closed out the error messages, didn't unhook anything but clicked on the "Automatically check for updates" again and then it went smoothly. It sure didn't look like anything was going to happen for a little bit though. Now to hopefully tune the truck tomorrow if I get time!

#6 ·
I am not a fan of the software... I just use the tuners wifi ability and let the tuner update itself. The only use the software has to me is loading new tunes onto it.

#8 ·
They just released a major update to the software. It has cured many of the update/driver issues that were present. This will aid in loading tunes and any major updates. Some of the larger issued updates tend not to load properly over wifi especially on the LiveWire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.