Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

H&S Trans Relearn Question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CrazyS0b 
#1 ·
While I await the arrival of my delete kit, I was reading the minimaxx instructions. It says to do 3 0-80 mph runs for the Trans learning. It also says it will eventually learn without doing that. Since there's nowhere around here for me to do 80 mph runs without ending up with a ticket, how long does the learning process take without doing that?

#2 ·
you can do a large portion of the Adaptive table info without having to do the o to 80 WOT runs

Torqushift Shift Relearning Strategy
TorqShift Harsh/Slipping Engagements, Upshifts, and/or Downshifts:
If these symptoms are experienced after the batteries have been disconnected, then it is due to the transmission adaptive strategy being cleared from the computer. This may occur when the vehicle is delivered new from the factory as well.
1. Warm the engine and transmission to operating temperature with all accessories off.
2. Idle engine for one minute with engine warm and all accessories off.
3. Idle engine for one minute with A/C on.
Then:
1. While driving, perform three series of upshifts at light, medium and heavy throttle.
2. While stopped, perform three sets of gear engagements (N-R, N-D, D-R, R-D) with the brake pedal firmly depressed and waiting three seconds between each engagement.
Perform these steps once in normal mode and once in tow/haul.

#4 ·
Load the tune, then remove the can of death (don't drive the truck till you pull the exhaust off btw), then start the truck before you bolt up the exhaust. Its fine to run it with the downpipe open. Then bolt on the new exhaust and take her for a spin!

Its easy, I say load the tune first though because if something doesn't work you know it before you have spent all the time dealing with rusty exhaust parts and are pissed off/tired. If your truck is anything like mine the exhaust is going to need some cutting and persuasion... And I didn't have air tools when I did mine either, nor did I have the big red wrench handy... By the time I was done I wanted to kick a midget.

Reactions: 64physhy
#5 ·
I've been spraying down the bolts for the past several days to hopefully make removal easier. What about the EGR? It's the whole reason I'm doing this right now (bad EGR). Load the tune, then remove the DPF and EGR? I also have upper and lower hoses and Restore on the way to do a coolant system flush since I have to drain coolant to do the EGR anyways. Should I wait to do the flush until after everything is in, or do it before?

#6 ·
If you have a ruptured egr cooler then remove the coolers and dpf then do the flush... You don't want to run the truck if you have a ruptured egr cooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.