NEW Series 2 Spartan - Impressions and Instructions for Calibration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW Series 2 Spartan - Impressions and Instructions for Calibration

I have a 08 CC dually 350 (410 rear). Installed the 4" Flo-Pro DP-back exhaust with the race cyclone muffler thing, Installed the NEW series 2 Spartan (pre-loaded) and selected the 210 tune.

Used to get about 12mpg according to the factory dash computer, have only had the kit on 24 hours.

Is there any specific procedure to break it in? I read somewhere (but can't find it now) about doing 3-4 runs at 25% throttle then 50% throttle or something like that.

Initial Impressions,
I let the truck warm up then went for a quick cruise to see if I had any rattles. No rattles, no leaks as of yet. rolled on throttle to 100% at about 10mph. WOW, this ***** hauls *** for a 10,000 pound truck. noticed slight white smoke out pipe. Im going to let the new exhaust settle in then try some more runs before I fill up later this week to try and guage MPG increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just took a 12 mile run down the interstate.

22MPG according to the factory dash

65 mph, about 21-2200 rpm
no more white smoke, must have been junk in the new exhaust pipes... just puff of black smoke when initial boost up occurs

Last edited by euro; 09-29-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

first i can tell you that the lie o meter is not correct, with that you will prob be getting around 17-19, in the city it will be less

here is the transmission re-learn process you were asking about (try not to get a ticket/arrested while doing it) although i believe the new ones(tuner files) have the new file which require almost no relearn process ( i could be wrong here though)

Spartan TCM Transmission Relearn Process!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

totally agree with the dash readout, not reliable or correct but it never read anywhere near that high before so something has definitely improved.

Since I didn't buy a TCM, are these steps necessary?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am going to be honest and say i really dont know, I didnt and my truck seems to shift just fine, I have over 2k on my 210 tune and my TC slip is right in there as it has always been with gentle smooth shifting, but ever so slightly firmer.

now when I loaded the 275 tune, I had to do this process because it would nail gears b/w 3rd-4th and still shifts hard at other times
Old 09-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

you don't need to do the tcm learn process
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Emergency Services

With the 210 tune, there is practically no re-learn process to speak of. It is pretty tame. The 275v4 needs it regardless whether or not you have the new TCM. It is a different animal. The 275v3 that I got months ago is also a lot more tame than the new 275v4.

I didn't bother getting a 310 tune to use without a TCM, because my truck is a very early 2008, and the 310 doesn't like them apparently. I have a TCM and the 310 tune. It's so powerful, it's kind of ridiculous. The shifts are sooo firm that you feel like you are going to chip a tooth. You kind of feel like you need a bite guard to drive it.

I feel like my truck might explode while running it. I actually put the stock TCM back in, and retuned it to the 210.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I like the dash daq. I need to set my gauges up, when you switch themes you loose all your settings so I have to do it again.

other than that, I havent noticed anything weird. Wish I would have gotten no muffler. I wanted the "tuned" diesel sound. The 4" dp back flo pro is basically just quiet as stock with a slight whirlwind sound when you let off on the pedal.

the muffler I have is the Twister race muffler they package with the kit.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
I like the dash daq. I need to set my gauges up, when you switch themes you loose all your settings so I have to do it again.

other than that, I havent noticed anything weird. Wish I would have gotten no muffler. I wanted the "tuned" diesel sound. The 4" dp back flo pro is basically just quiet as stock with a slight whirlwind sound when you let off on the pedal.

the muffler I have is the Twister race muffler they package with the kit.
You don't loose your setting you just have to set them up for each display
Old 09-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibenson View Post
With the 210 tune, there is practically no re-learn process to speak of. It is pretty tame. The 275v4 needs it regardless whether or not you have the new TCM. It is a different animal. The 275v3 that I got months ago is also a lot more tame than the new 275v4.

I didn't bother getting a 310 tune to use without a TCM, because my truck is a very early 2008, and the 310 doesn't like them apparently. I have a TCM and the 310 tune. It's so powerful, it's kind of ridiculous. The shifts are sooo firm that you feel like you are going to chip a tooth. You kind of feel like you need a bite guard to drive it.

I feel like my truck might explode while running it. I actually put the stock TCM back in, and retuned it to the 210.
Now that's funny! It's a monster w/o a doubt! Still can't believe the speedometer will move that fast! I think something must be wrong with it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.