Spartan TCM - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan TCM

does the Spartan TCM work with all the tunes. i just purchased one with the 310 tune and am worried about how streetable the 310 is. and am wondering if i will have to run the stock tcm with the lower hp tunes or does the Spartan TCM work on all the tunes (dpf, no dpf off road. as well as the 275 and 310)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You can get other tunes for the TCM, not just the 310 tune. Its $100 for the 275 and 310 tune together, and then you can get 3 more tunes for $100. That would be any of the lower tunes.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:49 PM

am i to understand there are tunes for the tcm and tunes for the truck? two separate entities. bc i bought the 310 race tune upgrade with the tcm. do i still need to purchase the the actual race tune for the spartan tuner/engine? i guess i should have added that i also purchase the spartan console and a downpipe back exhaust at the same time(so i should have the pre loaded tunes)

i have a wait for the tcm anyway bc they are on backorder. but wanted to get a game plan together for next weekend. so i can get everything that isnt on backorder installed and still have a working truck
Old 09-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There are seperate tunes for the Spartan TCM and factory ECM. The TCM is blank when you get it, so there has to be tunes written for it to work. Normal tunes are written for your factory TCM and factory ECM. Make sense?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:11 PM

the tune that you purchase with the TCM is just for the TCM then?

if so, let John know I'll be calling him in the morning to purchase the race tunes for the ECM and some select tunes for the TCM (i may hold off on the tcm tunes till i get the tuner installed and know better on what tunes i want to run).

thanks for you help Jeff,

Bill
Old 09-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geabis View Post
the tune that you purchase with the TCM is just for the TCM then?

if so, let John know I'll be calling him in the morning to purchase the race tunes for the ECM and some select tunes for the TCM (i may hold off on the tcm tunes till i get the tuner installed and know better on what tunes i want to run).

thanks for you help Jeff,

Bill
Tunes for the Spartan TCM can only be ran with the Spartan TCM, that is correct. That is what they are designed for. Regular tunes are designed for the factory TCM.

Glad I could help Bill
Old 09-24-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Tunes for the Spartan TCM can only be ran with the Spartan TCM, that is correct. That is what they are designed for. Regular tunes are designed for the factory TCM.

Glad I could help Bill
i should have written my question differently.

the tune that I purchased for an additional $100 at the time I purchase the Spartan TCM, doesn't include the race tunes for the ECM, correct? i didnt purchase the race tunes with the Spartan console for the additional upgrade of $375, so i still need to purchase the race tunes for my ECM, correct?

thanks so much for your quick Replies
Old 09-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

No, all tunes are written for the ECM. Its just the Spartan TCM is different from the factory TCM. You dont have to worry about the ECM with any of the tunes. You just have to know which tune is for which TCM. It sounds like the 310 tune that you ordered is most likely for the Spartan TCM you ordered. Nothing else needs to be done. You just can't run that 310 tune with the TCM that is on the truck now since it is made for the Spartan TCM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 PM

Cool, I got it now.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.