Issues with RCD????? Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Issues with RCD????? Problems

Anybody else had any problems with River City Diesel? I tried to get a 585 tune from them to try with my sct. They sent me a tune 3 days after I ordered it, said it would be in my email every evening. (3 days is not a long time, but dont say something then not deliver). So I get the tune, try it, and the truck will not go forward when the transmission is put in drive. Has reverse but no forward gears, bangs into reverse when it engages. When I put the transmission in drive it lunges backwards like its in reverse then locks up like its on a transbrake. So anyways I let them know what is going on and they send me a few tunes to try but they are all the same. I ask for my money back and Josh tells me that they dont refund for tunes and that I could be out driving and racing the truck and just trying to get my money back. That is ridiculous. Regardless of wether they can get the truck to run properly is besides the point by now as I have lost all faith in their tuning ability. I am not going to allow my transmission to be the guinea pig for their mistakes. By the way I have loaded other tunes and everything is fine. So I guess people can sell products now a days that dont have to work at all!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Sounds like the SCT software is still having tranny problems, sorry to hear that bud, hope you get it worked out
Old 09-24-2009, 03:52 PM
back in the saddle

Can you take a video of it and send it to them as proof of the troubles? Not saying you should have to but it's something I would probably give a try in your situation... I'd also post it here too. Sorry to hear of your troubles...
Old 09-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Powerstroke Techie

The truck drives with an innovative tune and sct canned tunes. So the problem is on their end. I tried to keep this civil and simply asked for the money back Now I have to do this kind of thing. I do own a Power Stroke specialty shop and worked for a dealer as lead diesel tech for over 5.5 years. I run sct products on all my vehicles. I am slightly familiar with advantage software. I have looked over many tuners shoulders while they were trying to get my '04 cobra straightened out. This is not a convertor scheduling problem, the truck will not move in drive.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Can you take a video of it and send it to them as proof of the troubles? Not saying you should have to but it's something I would probably give a try in your situation... I'd also post it here too. Sorry to hear of your troubles...
absolutely love to do that! That is the only way I could prove it. They didnt even ask for that tho they just said no! LOL
Old 09-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Do a video comparing the tunes. Load Innovative, video it working right. Load a canned tune, video it working right. Load the RCD tune and video it not working right.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear that buddy. I would be pretty pissed myself, i'de be doing/saying the same thing as you. I hope it all works out for ya partner.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

It just needs a different transmission calibration on there. The wrong calibration number is being loaded onto the truck. Certain Tranny control modules will only work with certain files. RCD should have multiple files on hand, and should know which one needs to be used on your truck. There is a lot going on when getting a file onto a truck, and it's understandable that errors can occur. I would bet they know why it is doing it, and it is just a software communication error that is causing the wrong file to load.

Sorry to hear of the troubles, but knowing the amount of software that goes into making a tuner, I have to say its bound to happen!

There will never be a perfect product, until people are perfect.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cool 485 not 585 but fine,

I know it may not be answering the question exactly but it does speak for RCD. I have been running their 485 Tune in my '08 Super Duty for about a month and a half. Their customer service was excellent, the sale, delivery and follow up was all great too. I ran a canned tune until they got my strategy and emailed me my 485 tune. I hooked up the DPF/DOC delete pipes, loaded the tune and took it for a test drive. The thing has worked great since day one. Plenty of horsepower, torque and the transmission has been fine. Shifts are nice and firm, not harsh - no erratic behavior? I'm not sure what went wrong in your case but I am surprised that they haven't tried to help. I undertsand the "No Refund" thing - it just like computer software. If you bring it home and load it, you really can't expect to get your money back. Give them another call and be patient - explain the problem and let them come up with a solution.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I think Bentley hit it on the nose with his post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.