Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Apr 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What action need be taken.....
My check engine light has been coming on lately. The code that I am getting is P401 "exhaust gas circulation" I was told that it has to do with the EGR valve possibly sticking or being stuck. I have been running the Spartan 210 tune for a long time with no issues. If it is the EGR valve is sticking or is stuck, please explain how that would be, becasue I was under the impression that the spartan 210 tune shuts off EGR valve. My questions are as follows...
1. Is it ok to continue driving with this issue?
2. Will putting the EGR block off plates fix anything related to this issue?
3. What exactly is causing this code to be thrown?
4. Would this happen if I was not using the tuner?
5. Why does the check engine light stay off when I clear the code, then pop back up several tanks of diesel down the road?
If anyone can ELABORATE on this, I would greatly appreciate it.