I think my converter is going south with spartan..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think my converter is going south with spartan.....

Had the 275v4 loaded on the truck for about 4,000 miles in that it has been in a few drag racing events and just mountain and town driving..little freeway to. anyways when I floor it at 65-70 mph with the converter locked the slippage has started varying alot by that I mean it will jump all around from 2rpms of slip clear up to 22rpms. While at WOT it will just vary up and down....is it time for a new converter??? oh yeah the tranny is a bone stock job 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 AM
Emergency Services

Mine does the same thing (with the 310 tune). On the highway, it will vary from .25 to 5.75 rpms. Every once in a while it will spike to 12 or so when doing regular highway driving. If I do a WOT run, it will easily slip to 22 for fractions of a second.

I have never really monitored the TC when running the 275 tunes. My truck doesn't like the 275v4 much. I ran 275v3 a lot though.

08stroker250 says that is normal for me. He's been running the 310 tune for several months.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:14 AM

Mine is acting weird. It feels like it comes out of gear (3rd) when I really stand on it.
Is that what you are describing?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:39 AM

No. My truck runs fine pulls hard and everythig (runs a 13.3) its just when I step on it and its locked up I seeing the slippage spike up to around 22ish Im just wondering if this is a sign my converter is give'in up. anyone else have input
Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I have seen over 100 with the 310 tune lol. My truck is still making 550 horsepower and 1120 foot lbs/tq on the dyno though. I am not to worried about it at this point.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM

How are you guys measuring slip? There is sooo much stuff you can monitor on the DD...which command is it? Also, wondering which gauge you all prefer to use? What are the most important things to monitor?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:24 PM

anyone else?? kinda trying to make a decision on wether or not I need to drop the dough on a new converter. Would the spartan tcm and suncoast solenoids help this at all? what about reloading the tune?
Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 PM

Think Im having the same problem, when I punch it from 60mph(and it doesn't jerk the **** out of me) the revs when you get to 2500rpm will skip to 3500rpm fast, the truck will still pull pretty good all the way up to 100mph but that motor is reving up way to fast.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 PM

i think we might need the spartan tech to enlighten us on this a bit...I dont blame spartans tuning at all id just like to know what im looking at.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 PM

someone posted that anything over 10 for slip with the converter locked start looking for a new one i think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.