Who has been to www.spartandieseltechnologies.com??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I wanna go fast!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who has been to www.spartandieseltechnologies.com???

FYI- anytime you think your going to Spartan Diesel Technologies and you type in 'www.spartandieseltechnologies.com' instead of 'www.spartandieseltech.com' your going to those guys at river city diesel! How low do you have to go to steal someone else's domain?? I'm sorry but I will never support RCD ever!

Last edited by Flyin' Hawaiian; 09-16-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think competition is great......but thats pretty damn low IMO.....................
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

They didn't steal their domain, they spent a couple bucks and bought the one you listed above and had it redirect them to their home page. I don't see anything wrong with that since they aren't misrepresenting anything. It's clear that you arrive at River City Diesel and not Spartan Diesel Technologies. A simple google search will yield the correct website. They simply saw a way to increase the number of hits their website would receive and did it... Kudos to them for thinking of it.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnitch View Post
They didn't steal their domain, they spent a couple bucks and bought the one you listed above and had it redirect them to their home page. I don't see anything wrong with that since they aren't misrepresenting anything. It's clear that you arrive at River City Diesel and not Spartan Diesel Technologies. A simple google search will yield the correct website. They simply saw a way to increase the number of hits their website would receive and did it... Kudos to them for thinking of it.
you must be a liberal.......
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 AM

That couldn't be further from the truth. I am a business owner however, and even though someone doing something like that would piss me off a bit, I would be more angry at myself for not thinking of it first. Business is business...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnitch View Post
That couldn't be further from the truth. I am a business owner however, and even though someone doing something like that would piss me off a bit, I would be more angry at myself for not thinking of it first. Business is business...
so as long as its legal, its right! gotcha! --- said w/ as much sarcasm possible..........

Last edited by mmayo; 09-16-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayo View Post
so as long as its legal, its right! gotcha!
Yep, unfortunately. Spartan can fight it though with the ICA/ICANN.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Berm Buster

I think its wrong. Anything with the words spartan diesel in it should bring you to the spartan website. It makes them look kind of weak if you ask me, like they're not confident they can get there own customer base without doing something sneaky. But yeah im sure it does bring them more sales.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Banned

Hate to rain on everyones pissing parade, but spartandieseltechnologies was purchased when Matt and I were still partners starting Spartan Diesel Tech. I own a plethora of web domains and they all redirect to rivercitydiesel.com with the click of one mouse click. Matt and I have just talked about it and have both forgotten that I even still owned that domain. I am going to turn it over to him. At the time in which I bought it was way before Spartan had any national recognition.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Now everyone say sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.