Edge Juice with Attitude - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Juice with Attitude

I know, I know, spartan and a DPF is the best way for big mileage gains, but i'm wanting to just try something to get me started, i know that if you run these on extreme all the time, you will get a clogged DPF, but i'm looking for mpg, so is the edge worth it for just a "beginner" setup....so is it worth it? And i also was told that the edge is untraceable when unplugged for warrenty work..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 PM

I have a Bully Dog PMT, which also is untraceable by the dealer when uninstalled. I had it for a year and loved it. It also can "tune" the tranny. Nice touchscreen and monitoring too. I saved up the money for a delete pipe and Spartan tuner...just got them today! I am listing my Bully Dog on craigslist for $850...paid $1100 new. Obviously comes with the F250/350 dash mount. I saw about a 1 mpg gain on fuel economy and a ton of extra power on the Extreme setting. They advertise 140HP on this setting.

So if you're looking I could hook you up with a good deal on it. Just PM me.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Why not spend it all on Spartan now instead of wasting money on something different now and wanting Spartan later on down the road? Seems like getting something to get you started is just going to be worse on your truck and cause you to end up spending more money....

Why dont you get the Spartan DPF-on tunes for your truck. They have proven mileage gains and are safe for the DPF. That way when you decide to do the delete, you can just buy the delete tunes. They offer 40, 75, 120, 150 DPF-on tunes and they are all proven safe.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Why not spend it all on Spartan now instead of wasting money on something different now and wanting Spartan later on down the road? Seems like getting something to get you started is just going to be worse on your truck and cause you to end up spending more money....

Why dont you get the Spartan DPF-on tunes for your truck. They have proven mileage gains and are safe for the DPF. That way when you decide to do the delete, you can just buy the delete tunes. They offer 40, 75, 120, 150 DPF-on tunes and they are all proven safe.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:26 PM

I wish I had done that too!!!

I am just needing to sell my Bully Dog and if you want a nice tuner for REALLY cheap. Can't blame me for trying!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The most economical way to upgrade other than buying the Spartan is to buy the SCT. It gives you the options for DPF, and EGR removal. It also allows for custom tunes through other vendors. You also can wait to get a dpf Delete. I have not done either programmer due to the fact that Once I start I will not be ble to stop. until I break something. kinda like potato chips
Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok thanks guys from making a big mistake HAHA i appreciate it, i'm gonna look into the spartan and SCT tunes, and make a decision tonight. Thanks again
Old 09-15-2009, 07:34 PM

I have a the the edge with attitude that I will sell you for cheap if you want to make me an offer.... if you don't want to spend alot just quite yet. I will say I now daily drive the Spartan 275 and absolutely love it.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd6854 View Post
I have a the the edge with attitude that I will sell you for cheap if you want to make me an offer.... if you don't want to spend alot just quite yet. I will say I now daily drive the Spartan 275 and absolutely love it.
Nooooo, dont sell him that POS, thats putting the burden of a bad product on someone else
Old 09-16-2009, 05:37 AM
Emergency Services

I have one sitting in front of me on my desk as I type, and I can't bring myself to actually give it to some one else. Not because of the cost, but because I know I will doom their transmission to a horrible fate. I need to find some one that runs a manual, and give it to them. In that case it is just a bad deal monetarily. I bought it used, reconditioned on ebay. It was cheap and worked. The only problem is the transmission tuning (or lack of it). I wouldn't mind sending it to some one, but I really don't think it is a good product. If some one has a manual and wants a really cheap 50-80 hp, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.