poll How many of you with programmers and add ons encounter problems with the dealer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: what kind of issues have come up when you have taken your chiped or tuned into dealer
No trouble at all 9 60.00%
A stern warning that you should remove chip or programer 0 0%
stern warning Obama will be sending his men in to repo truck and replace w/ a prius 4 26.67%
Voided something on your warranty 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 02:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
poll How many of you with programmers and add ons encounter problems with the dealer

I was feeling out the supervisor in the service dept about maybe installing a chip or programer to my truck to help with the mpg. He told me that ford would void my warranty and the 6.4 is such a great engine it doesnt need any of those mods. Id love to get a spartan tune or a programmer of some sort but the biggest deterent for me is the warranty issue. Just wondering what all you guys with programers and chips run into when you have to go in to the dealership. Any warranties been voided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I haven't been to the dealer for anything major since I did the deletes, so I haven't had to worry about it, but they do know it's there and since my family has bought Fords from them since they opened the dealership, they look passed it.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had a CAI and they voided my MAS and exhaust, I am sure that if something goes wrong with the engine they will try to blame it on the CAI since it is logged in Oasis but will fight like hell to make them prove it, if it ever has to go back in
Old 09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Emergency Services

I certainly don't take it back in without being completely stock. I left the tail pipe on it once, and they claimed that it caused my poor performance, due to sensor problems in the exhaust. I told them that is stupid, and that the problem is the HPFP is effed up. So I put the stock exhaust back on, and guess what? The HPFP was effed up. wow, I didn't see that one coming..

Anyway, I don't take it back any more with anything questionable installed on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.