MPG....and they aren't that great - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,739
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MPG....and they aren't that great

Well I put 305 miles on my truck today mixed driving. About 85% of it was interstate driving from 60 mph to 85 mph with a few times getting on it hard. The other 15% consisted of stop and go traffic, dicking around getting on it, and blowing smoke. My average for the trip was 14.52 mpg with the 310 tune hand calculated. Its not bad fuel mileage, but I expected to see a little higher than that.

Truck has 35" Toyo Open Country AT's, 2.5" leveling kit, and 3 1/4" rear blocks, along with the mods in my signature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this better or worse than you were getting with the 275?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,739
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiet61 View Post
Is this better or worse than you were getting with the 275?
Well, in my opinion the 310 is better on the highway, but the 275 is better in the city. If I had drove conservatively today and maintained a constant speed on the interstate and had not dicked around so much (hard not to where I went ), I think I could have gotten 17+ mpg today. I just dont drive conservatively enough to get good fuel mileage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 641
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to younggun55
Ya the 310 eats up some serious diesel messing around in town, but it's great on the highway. 08stroker250 what was wrong with your truck? I saw in another thread that you got some bad news from the dealer? (sorry to hijack)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 529
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe he lifted the heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 641
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to younggun55
Might be why you got chitty mileage as well. When my headgaskets went my mileage went down a good bit until I got her fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors