installed edge evo race last night. not too bad! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
installed edge evo race last night. not too bad!

me and my buddy installed the edge last night. he has the spartan with 210 being his highest tune. runs in the 150hp the most. we put it in and took it out. ran every level and found the shifting to be great. normal driving and even hooked my 8000lb enclosed to it. let him drive and he was impressed just to the fact of all the negitive reviews it gets.

now i did stop and and gave it hell from 15lbs of boost and ran it to 80 and it got there pretty quick but the shifting was a little off there and egts were in the 1400 range. driving around in the 140 tune was the best i felt. he liked it also. no more turbo lag, spools right up and shifted like stock.

is my truck as fast as his? no but my 140 vs 150 in his isnt that far off. but i guess my overview would be if you just want to take the dpf off and have a little extra kick i dont think it is a bad option

i have 500.00 in the edge and delete pipe and i think its worth it

once i get the dpf delete pipe tomorow we are going to line them up for fun

Last edited by TDSTYG; 09-10-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Good feedback man!!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:31 PM

also i sent one of my runners to pick up an atv today and he just returned and he went 510 miles and there seems to be a little over an 1/8 of fuel left. so if it gets to 560 like dash says it should be around 19 mpg.

truck is 2008 f 350 CC short. 4x4 2 inch leveling kit 35x12.5 toyo mt on jesse james lawless 8 20x9
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

is that with the dpf deleted or not?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 PM

yes that is the evo race dpf removed tunes. i have the dpf still on as i didnt get it till this morning. so i have driven it for 500 miles with the dpf still on which i was told wouldnt hurt it as long as i didnt run it like that for a month. will be installing delete pipe tomorow morning.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sweet, that makes me feel a little bit better on other choices that won't "break the bank"
Old 09-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Glad to hear, we have gotten excellent feedback in regards to the EDGE as well especially in the MPG area!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Premium Member

If it shifts like "stock", you could be burning the clutch pack in the higher gears up......? My Edge Evolution fried my stock Trans within 5000 miles form new....

I hope the transmission has some tuning to eliminate what I went through!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSTYG View Post
me and my buddy installed the edge last night. he has the spartan with 210 being his highest tune. runs in the 150hp the most. we put it in and took it out. ran every level and found the shifting to be great. normal driving and even hooked my 8000lb enclosed to it. let him drive and he was impressed just to the fact of all the negitive reviews it gets.

now i did stop and and gave it hell from 15lbs of boost and ran it to 80 and it got there pretty quick but the shifting was a little off there and egts were in the 1400 range. driving around in the 140 tune was the best i felt. he liked it also. no more turbo lag, spools right up and shifted like stock.

is my truck as fast as his? no but my 140 vs 150 in his isnt that far off. but i guess my overview would be if you just want to take the dpf off and have a little extra kick i dont think it is a bad option

i have 500.00 in the edge and delete pipe and i think its worth it

once i get the dpf delete pipe tomorow we are going to line them up for fun
Old 09-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSTYG View Post
also i sent one of my runners to pick up an atv today and he just returned and he went 510 miles and there seems to be a little over an 1/8 of fuel left. so if it gets to 560 like dash says it should be around 19 mpg.

truck is 2008 f 350 CC short. 4x4 2 inch leveling kit 35x12.5 toyo mt on jesse james lawless 8 20x9
How many gallons will your tank hold?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:29 PM

well it shifts normal with no issues and no slip or jumping around like my other edge products i have tried before. now from a stop wot it doesnt shift as bad as my 6.0 with an edge but it isnt as nice as a spartan either. like i sais if you are just wanting good mpg and a little extra power it is a nice setup

30 gallon tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.