SPartan??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking SPartan???

Ok just sold my 09' MegaCab Dually 4x4 Cummins, i was running a ts performance mp-8 and smarty stacked, upgraded cp3 pump, ARE intercooler, DPF delete and egr block off, ATS torque convertor(replaced twice)...

Truck made 592hp/ 1563trq dyno

Fast, But it broke alot, too many mods!!!!

I now bought my 2008 F250 6.4 4x4 Poerstroke, and I am looking at removing the DPF immediatley, bought a AFE Cold air intake (not really impressed), looking at exhaust 5" cat back no mufflers, EGR ??? what do you ford guys do with these??? Block off plates, leave them on, or what ???

Everybody tells me the 6.4L's just need intake, exhaust, and spartan?? TRUE???

I am looking into the spartan, but don't know where to buy it?

I don't want to go as radical with this truck, I would like to keep the fuel system and tranny stock, not looking to get those numbers just want something fun to drive and reliable!!!

Thanks guys,
Gino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Spartan Diesel Technologies

Just click on the link above

WELCOME TO THE SITE

i have heard wonderful things about this product and company. Just look them up on this site too and read for yourself. I do plan on getting one once i get back from Iraq with the extra change in my pocket.

good luck,

Dom

Last edited by strivingfirst; 09-08-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM

Here's their number (828) 606-3263

Or you can email sales@spartandieseltech.com

or techsupport@spartandieseltech.com

Just include a phone number where you can be reached and they will return your call. If you have any questions, you can always call me: 828-702-3461
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to younggun55
S&B intake, downpipe back exhaust, spartan 310, dynod at 592 I think is the highest with this setup. Spray it a little and have around 750. You can do block off plates if ya want even though tuning disables it, not too many people doing full egr deletes yet.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As they all said above, Spartan tuner and CAT/DPF pipe to start. These truck take ALOT with stock parts. The Spartan tuning is second to none, your tranny will love you for it. We have tuners in stock and ship same day. We can put packages together from tuner and delete pipes to complete turbo back exhaust systems made in the USA, air intakes,Suncoast tranny's and parts, anything you need. Let Aaron or I know if we can help.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:15 PM

Talking

So s&b on the intake???

We didn't see any noticable gains on the 6.7's w/ s&b ???

And no need to block off the egr?

WOW I am liking this already!!!

I guess you guys are saying with less clutch slipping for softer shifts and trq convertor lockups, this spartan can actually help tranny life???

And talked to my service buddy at the dealer, and he said he didn't care about the dpf delete or intake, he just said remove the tuner b4 bringing it in!

I should have bought another f250 sooner...
Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 PM

There is also RCD custom tunes with a livewire from SCT, there 585 tune hit 592hp on Jesse's truck and that was on 37's. His numbers might have been higher on stock tires. I think defuser is selling a 5" downpipe back kit made by flo-pro. There is also a few different people making 4" down pipes. Cobbs has block off plates and is working last I heard anyway on a intake elbow that removes the egr valve. I would also recomend trans upgrades on the RCD 585 tune or Spartan 310 tune. If you really want to get nuts with it RCD is coming out with a full aftermarket turbo setup S300 over S400 I think. With the larger turbos HPFP upgrades or even duel fueler when avalible as well as sticks would be recomended.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:59 PM

RCD would be a great way to go also, but I love my Spartan too. I don't think you can go wrong either way. When I do a downpipe, it is going to be powerstroker67s (Sean's) and if you are looking for someone to get you these parts I would definately go through Aaron or Sean at Rudy's Diesel Performance. Great guys to work with. If they don't answer when you call, they usually call back pretty quick, have great prices and get everything out to you FAST. I was having a few issues with my truck yesterday and Aaron once again stepped up and helped me out a lot, I really can't believe how great of customer service he has.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Flo-Pro will have a stainless 4" ball and socket downpipe for $299, just thought I would throw that out there.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to F250stroker08
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-NOTE View Post
So s&b on the intake???

We didn't see any noticable gains on the 6.7's w/ s&b ???

And no need to block off the egr?

WOW I am liking this already!!!

I guess you guys are saying with less clutch slipping for softer shifts and trq convertor lockups, this spartan can actually help tranny life???

And talked to my service buddy at the dealer, and he said he didn't care about the dpf delete or intake, he just said remove the tuner b4 bringing it in!

I should have bought another f250 sooner...
Do you have a maunual or automatic. If you have an automatic your transmission should be alright up to 275 additional horsepower but you will need a dual disk clutch if you have a manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.