SCT & the latest ford flash. compatible? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT & the latest ford flash. compatible?

My truck is going in to the dealer for the 30k service and list of recalls (reflash / IC cluster, fuel tank brace, seat back). I'm worried that they will reflash it and my current SCT tune will not work anymore. Someone had mentioned that SCT's tunes do not work on the latest flash. Has anyone experienced this?

Currently, I run the very old 1.20-OR tune. My truck is a Job1 and has never been flashed since purchase. I think the most recent update (before purchase) was the flame-thrower flash. Beyond that, nothing has been done to it. Runs great though.

Can I allow them to reflash it (I'd like the improvements to the cruise control, etc) and just download the newest SCT files for my 9621, or will it really not work at all with the most recent flash?

It's going in tomorrow, and now I'm a little paranoid and not sure what to do.

Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroOne View Post
My truck is going in to the dealer for the 30k service and list of recalls (reflash / IC cluster, fuel tank brace, seat back). I'm worried that they will reflash it and my current SCT tune will not work anymore. Someone had mentioned that SCT's tunes do not work on the latest flash. Has anyone experienced this?

Currently, I run the very old 1.20-OR tune. My truck is a Job1 and has never been flashed since purchase. I think the most recent update (before purchase) was the flame-thrower flash. Beyond that, nothing has been done to it. Runs great though.

Can I allow them to reflash it (I'd like the improvements to the cruise control, etc) and just download the newest SCT files for my 9621, or will it really not work at all with the most recent flash?

It's going in tomorrow, and now I'm a little paranoid and not sure what to do.

Thanks guys!
Not sure if you have a choice in the matter as to if they flash it or not and once they do flash it than you cannot go back.

I have a job 1 and had the flash done in december that fixed the cruise control and changes the display to tell me that the truck is in Regen mode...all the time.

I don't like the new flash and am sure that I got better mileage before with the old one and fewer regens. Not sure of compatability of the SCT as I didn't get mine unil June of this year. That being said, my SCT works flawlessly with the new flash.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontonrunner View Post
Not sure if you have a choice in the matter as to if they flash it or not and once they do flash it than you cannot go back.

I have a job 1 and had the flash done in december that fixed the cruise control and changes the display to tell me that the truck is in Regen mode...all the time.

I don't like the new flash and am sure that I got better mileage before with the old one and fewer regens. Not sure of compatability of the SCT as I didn't get mine unil June of this year. That being said, my SCT works flawlessly with the new flash.
Thanks for the feedback. I'd read somewhere that the newer flash regens more frequently in an effort to reduce the duration of each regen. I'm sure that doesn't help mileage.

As soon as I get it back, the DPF is going back in the basement, so the regen frequency isn't an issue. Just hoping to get this out of the way so they quit nagging me about recalls, and for the few fixes not relating to regens, like cruise.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:03 PM

Turns out, there is a new flash. If you get it, your SCT tunes will not work. They are still trying to reverse engineer the latest flash. Stay tuned... (pun intended).

Thanks "rXr" for the link!

New 6.4 Flash from Ford
Old 09-08-2009, 12:14 PM

i hope SCT is almost done, i had my truck in for warranty work the other week and they reflashed my truck, i hav an SCT tuner and cat/dpf delete pipe waiting to go on my truck, how long does it usually take SCT?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:04 PM

This flash doesn't seem to be out for us in Canada yet. Myford.ca where i have an accout for my truck says I am all up to date. Hope SCT gets it figured out soon.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Just tell them you do not want the truck reflashed . Heck cover up the port with something ....
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 PM

actually i just checked the sct website and i think they have the update for ford's new reflash so my problem might be solved, im gonna try to update the software tomorrow
Old 09-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hickman View Post
Just tell them you do not want the truck reflashed . Heck cover up the port with something ....
i love they way ur truck sounds by the way
Old 09-08-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostroker08 View Post
actually i just checked the sct website and i think they have the update for ford's new reflash so my problem might be solved, im gonna try to update the software tomorrow
have you noticed any difference in the truck from the new flash? what time will you be doing this test?? i go in at 10am for the service and have to decide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.