Wanna go Spartan, but... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wanna go Spartan, but...

I am not sure what to buy. I want something that is dependable with just a little extra umph, and will not blow my transmission (along with better mpg). I know I definitely want the dpf gone! Been tossing around the idea of buying the 200,000 mile engine warranty, so I don't want to void this. I know, a lot to ask, but what would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to cj performance
1 word
spartan
Old 09-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you want your tranny safe and your truck to be reliable, get Spartan. There is the warranty factor, but you can always untune the truck and put the DPF back on the truck for warranty work. EVERYTHING has to be put back to stock for most dealers to work on the trucks.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM

Spartan is always a great choice. If your looking for a little cheaper product, go with an SCT, which comes with some canned tunes, that add a little extra horse, for about half the price of going Spartan. Then when you want more power you could get some custom tunes from Innovative or River City Diesel. They both have comparable tunes to Spartans 310. I have the Spartan 310 and RCD's 585 and both are freakin awesome tunes. Once I get a more updated version of the 585, I will try to give more of a review on it. I don't think anything from Spartan or RCD is going to ruin the tranny in your truck if you drive sensibly. Taking the DPF off, tuning the truck, aftermarket intake, all of this will void the warranty, so make sure to return your truck to stock before bringing it into the dealership. The vendor I go through to get all my performance parts is Rudy's Diesel Performance. Aaron is a great guy to work with, has great prices, and his delete pipes (made by powerstroker67) are top notch. Aaron will go out of his way to help you with whatever you need.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yea either go spartan or you will regret you didnt later real simple i mean just go with the 210 tune
Old 09-07-2009, 10:04 PM

I would also have to say Spartan. Great power, shifting, and an increase in economy. Get it now, or more than likely you'll get it later after you've spent your money on one of the other tuners.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
I am not sure what to buy. I want something that is dependable with just a little extra umph, and will not blow my transmission (along with better mpg). I know I definitely want the dpf gone! Been tossing around the idea of buying the 200,000 mile engine warranty, so I don't want to void this. I know, a lot to ask, but what would you recommend?
I first ran a the EDGE Evolution tune before going to Spartan. That being said I had to rebuild my transmission form the sloppy gear changes that the Evolution had...... at 5500 miles!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.