6.4 exhaust upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 exhaust upgrades

I was just on the MBRP site looking for my 6.0 exhaust and I ran across this about the exhaust options for the 6.7 and 6.4. Right now it looks like it is only filter back.

MBRP Inc Performance Exhaust - NEW SITE! GMC Chev Ford Dodge Chevy 6.6LT Duramax 4 Performance Diesel Exhaust 4" Turbo Back 6.0LT Powerstroke 7.3LT PowerStroke Power stroke 5.9 LT Dodge Cummins 6.0 Litre 7.3 LT 6.6 Litre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
well, that is a start, I drove one this weekend, and it could use a lil noise!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:47 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I dunno if MBRP is aware...but I talked with the StealerShip when I was looking at the 6.4TT...and they said that ANY changes to the exhaust...other than after the filters to the tip are NOT covered under warranty. So, from their info...if you don't have the side dual exit out the passenger rear like on the stock truck, you are in violation of warranty. Just a little nugget of info. I also talked to a Tech at my dealer and he said that on the 08's, if the exhaust has changed from stock, they will void the warranty...all of it. I know this is just spoken word from a dealer...but food for thought. Ford is getting testy with the warranty claims and will try anything and everything to deny a claim. (Just like our beloved insurance companys!)
Old 02-26-2007, 11:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
They can try to deny it all they want to, but the law won't allow them to void the entire warranty on a vehicle because it's missing a muffler. What does the muffler have to do with the radio, or door locks, eh? Nothing, so you can't void the entire warranty. They are feeding you a line of BS to try to keep you from doing it in the first place.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
They can try to deny it all they want to, but the law won't allow them to void the entire warranty on a vehicle because it's missing a muffler. What does the muffler have to do with the radio, or door locks, eh? Nothing, so you can't void the entire warranty. They are feeding you a line of BS to try to keep you from doing it in the first place.
Actually smoke your incorrect on this one...ford and international built themselves the perfect loophole on this motor....the ENTIRE function of the motor is dependant on a certain backpressure in the exahaust...from the self cleaning EGR system, to the fuel delivery, to the exhaust cleaning system.....meaning that any aftermarket mods can be attributed to problems.....and from what ive learned so far exahaust is going to cause check engine lights and canister problems.....

there are not the equivilant of O2 sensors and there are EGT sensors in the exahaust (no gauge) that the computer will use for calculations as well as using an EBP sensor....
Old 02-26-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Actually smoke your incorrect on this one...ford and international built themselves the perfect loophole on this motor....the ENTIRE function of the motor is dependant on a certain backpressure in the exahaust...from the self cleaning EGR system, to the fuel delivery, to the exhaust cleaning system.....meaning that any aftermarket mods can be attributed to problems.....and from what ive learned so far exahaust is going to cause check engine lights and canister problems.....

there are not the equivilant of O2 sensors and there are EGT sensors in the exahaust (no gauge) that the computer will use for calculations as well as using an EBP sensor....
yeah thats what ive heard/read too and the tips are even functional with them designed to help cool the exhaust since the afterburner when on will be at such high temps..
Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 PM

I can't wait. Two more years and I will have a new Dmax.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:53 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

just got doe with the 6.4 classes , do not see any reason why a cat back system wil harm anything , yes they say the motor monitors all exhaust pressures ,but nothing is monitored after the diesel particulate filter which is a self cleaning system and is after the catalytic converter so my guess is elimination of the muffler wil probably be ok no other mods wil be able to be done , just for the record the tail pipe is designed to help cool the exhaust coming out down because when the computer does do a regeneraion in the exhaust it gets to major high temps and wil brn the paint, ive already heard of one catching the grass on fire when a manual regeneration was done
Old 02-27-2007, 06:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to adrenalinejunky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditty View Post
I dunno if MBRP is aware...but I talked with the StealerShip when I was looking at the 6.4TT...and they said that ANY changes to the exhaust...other than after the filters to the tip are NOT covered under warranty. So, from their info...if you don't have the side dual exit out the passenger rear like on the stock truck, you are in violation of warranty. Just a little nugget of info. I also talked to a Tech at my dealer and he said that on the 08's, if the exhaust has changed from stock, they will void the warranty...all of it. I know this is just spoken word from a dealer...but food for thought. Ford is getting testy with the warranty claims and will try anything and everything to deny a claim. (Just like our beloved insurance companys!)
Hope it won't be as bad my local Jeep dealership when they beepbeepbeepbeepbeeped that I had a body lift and didn't want to replace the vacuum line for the 4x4. And better yet was they said warranty was voided because I put in a different head unit, amps, subs and then the belt tentioner bearing fried, they didn't want to fix that either........... wtf!!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:45 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Um, I would take there butt's to court if they won't warranty a belt tentioner b/c of an aftermarket stereo. They have NOTHING to do with eachother other than the ALT running off the belt and powering the electrical system. And the body lift??? That is BS as well. Walk into the dealer, with a video camera, voice recorder, three witnesses and a lawyer...they'll honor the warranty I guarantee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.