new to forum and spartan have questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 07:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to forum and spartan have questions

just purchased a 2008 f250 with the 6.4. It is a black on black leather short bed crew cab, it has all options including gps and the backup camera. It has already been slightly modified. The truck has 18k miles on it. It has a spartan 275 tune with dpf and cat delete pipes. I have the DashDaq so I can change tunes and monitor everything. It has a banks intake kit, and MBRP dual stainless exhaust. As far as the exterior goes, 8" rize lift kit with all the extras traction bars etc.. Rolling consists of 22x11 XD diesel wheels and 37x13.50x22 Toyo M/T's. The truck runs like an animal. I have no complaints at all. I am trying to get a better handle on the computer. The DashDaq tells me the program was installed 8-08, I am sure there is a newer version I can get that will run better. I dont have any problems with mine, but I have read people talking about the 275v4 v3 etc and the JOB# of the truck etc.. I dont know what I have. How do I find out what job# my truck is?? And how do I find out what version of the 275 I have? My DashDaq does not display my EGT temps and that makes me nervous how do I fix that? Also my boost does not go higher than 37 psi. I have read on spartans forums that guys are getting 50 psi of boost or more, Am I not seeing this because my tune is old? I have joined the spartan page and Mick has been great help but I still have not been able to join the forum. Apparently there is a process. This site was very easy to join. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails
new to forum and spartan have questions-byrr7-b2k-kgrhgoh-ccejlll4lrpbkgsfrllwg-_3.jpg   new to forum and spartan have questions-byrsihgb2k-kgrhgoh-d-ejlllz-uwbkgsgphepg-_3.jpg   new to forum and spartan have questions-byrr3h-mk-kgrhgoh-dgejlll1clobkgse53usw-_3.jpg   new to forum and spartan have questions-byrs-0gbwk-kgrhgoh-eeejlllyoevbkgsfp-zww-_3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 08:14 AM

Anyone????? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

EGRTA is the paramater you need to monitor for EGT's. You go in to Ford specific parameters to find that. What I would do is just go back in to tuning and reload the 275 tune. 37 psi is pretty low. I see 45 atleast with the 275 v3 and v4. The older 275 tunes would hit 50+ psi. As far as job # goes, what is the build date of your truck?

Welcome to the .org by the way!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the reply. The build date of the truck is 3/08. I am only getting 26 signals when I run the scan, and EGRTA is not one of them. I think my version is out of date. The build time says it is Oct 7,2008. The firmware says 1.2.01.1.6. The build is 2.0.0-1364. I just called spartan and left a message with Mick. I have read on other forums that if you install updated firmware you can get like 200 some odd parameters is this true? And if so how do I upload updated frimware.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I believe that means the truck is a Job 3. Mick will be able to walk you through everything. I am blurry on the procedure to get the update and everything. It has been forever since I did it. You dont have the Ford specific though, and thats what you need to get when you update the DashDAQ.

Check this out, you may be able to do it yourself...
Tech Support - How do I update my DashDAQ?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM

Thanks for responding. I used the link you gave me and set up the DD with the latest firmware, I have all the correct ford only and obd II parameters. I can finally monitor my EGT's. Thank you so much.
Did you notice a change with the suncoast solenoid?
Is it worth the money for the Elite downpipe?
How do I get a sponsor? LOL. "Wouldnt that be nice"
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to F250stroker08
Why did the previous owner sell? That's a bad *** truck
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
Thanks for responding. I used the link you gave me and set up the DD with the latest firmware, I have all the correct ford only and obd II parameters. I can finally monitor my EGT's. Thank you so much.
The suncoast solenoid does make some difference,but your better off running one of Spartan's TCM's with the updated 275 tune on go with it. even on the later build trucks like your Job 3 or even the Job 2 trucks, tranny shifting improves the most with both the TCM and file's designed to run with it.
The downpipes make a BIG improvement on spool up by removing a double wall, crushed factory pipe that is approx. 3" inside dia. I can't comment on the Elite down pipe as I never tried one, but we have our own 1 and 2 piece downpipes for these trucks. They fit like a glove and are offered in ceramic coated also. Let me know if we can help you. Truck looks great. Sean
Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
My solenoid was bad, so I replaced the stock one with the billet Suncoast solenoid. The 3 to 4 shift was very jerky before, and after the install it fixed the issue. I understand though that if you dont have a bad stock one there really isnt a noticeable difference. The Elite downpipe is of amazing quality, and I saw a decrease of about 50 degrees on WOT runs, along with quicker drop off of EGT's after I let out of it. It also increased my top end boost. The only issue with the Elite downpipe is that you can't hook it up to the DPF if you ever had to put it back to stock. Cobb's Diesel Performance will have a Flo-Pro ball and socket downpipe option available soon in stainless steel that will hook up to the DPF if the truck ever needs to have it back on for any reason. I believe that pipe will be $299 on release.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.