Tried multiple "other brands"...SPARTAN Satisfied. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tried multiple "other brands"...SPARTAN Satisfied.

First, I am relatively new to the diesel world. I tried Banks, Bullydog, and Edge Race Evolution on my 6.4 with dpf/doc delete in support of my local performance dealer. They were not setup with Spartan and not overly familiar with the product. I won't bore you with the results from the 3 inferior tuners above and the unsatisfactory responses from their respective companies.

I FINALLY convinced my local diesel shop to order me a Spartan. I received it on Friday and the only frustrating part of my experience is that I did not do this from Day 1 and that I wasted time with the "other" tuners.

I can't say enough about Mick, Donna and Matt. The level of customer service alone is phenomenal. I initially emailed them last week when my dealer ordered my tuner because I had read that I needed to order my tunes. Within minutes, I had an email response explaining exactly how the process would work and within 24 hours I received my 3 tunes.

I realize I am preaching to the choir to most people on this site but the tunes are unreal in driving feel. The shifting in my truck has never felt so good or consistent with ANY other product I have tried. I have primarily been driving with the 210 today but will purchase the 275 and 310 next week. I will also post my economy results next week. I drive an average of 1,500 miles per week between 75-80 mph, all hwy. I hand calculate and have results from all of the "other" brands to compare.

I really wanted to post this to support what so many people on here already post...Spartan is the ONLY way to go. If you are remotely considering any of the brands I have tested, you are welcome to pm me and I will share my results in hopes of saving you the headache, time and money from trying to find an alternative tuner to Spartan.

Spartan-Mick, Donna & Matt: Thank you so much for all of your help the past week. Your customer service speaks volumes for the product and the performance of the the Spartan is superior to anything else I tested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have seeeeen the light!!! If you think you're happy now, wait till you install the race tunes
Old 09-06-2009, 06:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay
I would like to do the spartan just haven't had the money to do so yet. But if I can convince the wife I get 8-10 mpg more average we will put it on her credit card. Can't wait to see your results!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:59 AM

Skip-I should drive between 1500-2000 miles this week. I will be ordering the 275 and 310 probably by Wednesday.

I can honestly say that with the in-town driving this weekend, my transmission has NEVER felt so good! The shifts are consistent, unlike my experiences with the other options I tried.

I would not own another 6.4 without a Spartan.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:35 PM

Skip-EXCELLENT RESULTS! The transmission shifting is probably the BIGGEST gain. I cant help but smile every time my truck shifts.

Mileage is EXCELLENT as well. With 3 highway tanks down, my hand calculated mileage has ranged from 16.5-17.2. Stock was 14.2-14.4. That is running 75-80mph nonstop. I realize I could probably gain another 1-2 mpg if I ran 70-75 but the speed limit for my 150 mile 1-way drive is 75 mph. The best part about this compared to everything else is that my truck is getting this improved mileage EVERY tank. Every other tuner I tried continued to decline in mpg's with each tank.

I was strongly to the point of considering a Dodge for the mileage after trying 3 other tuners/programmers. I can honestly say that Spartan is the reason I will keep my F250. My truck is a Job 1 and I will be ordering the 275 and AFE tomorrow as Mick believes this should hopefully add a little more economy. I might add the TCM and 310 long-term.

Mick, Donna & Matt: Thank you so much for the superior customer service and superior product. I once thought everyone on here was crazy for being so "Spartan Happy" but now realize I was the confused one. I can't say enough about the results I received.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Good input!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:58 AM

Are you full delete piped as well? If so, it wouldnt be surprising if you see 20+mpg w/ the 275. Plus the roll on speed is like a freight train.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.