Spartan 310 F450 at the track - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan 310 F450 at the track

Got a chance today to make some passes with our F450 today and the 310 spartan tune,TCM that are due to release on the 7th. Let me start by saying "this truck is heavy". A quick run down on the truck is a Job1 truck with 4.88 gears,6" lift and a 35.5" tall 19.5 tire(they su** because they don't bite the track at all). The truck runs over the scale at 9750lbs with driver.
We made a bunch of passes and ended up with pretty good run taking into account the shear weight we were trying to move. Mileage even seems to improved on this trip to the track another .4 MPG, Matt just keeps finding little things to improve.

60ft 1.902
330ft 5.613
660ft 8.783
1000ft 11.554
1/4 13.917 @ 94.74 MPH

As a side note I got back and got a call to let me know I had another revision 310 to try after we got back. Revisions to shifting and fuel again, very quick learning and spot on shifting. Word is this is the final calibration for the Sept. 7th release. Mileage is suppose to improve again, but I didn't get too many miles on this one yet. Matt was only concerned with adaptive learning for the tranny and WOT shifts on this one. With this new transmission tuning this TCM is going to be a great upgrade for ALL Job trucks, not just something for the Job 1 trucks. It will be a long weekend for Matt.

Last edited by powerstroker67; 09-04-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

SWEET! Where did you run Sean?
Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Awesome times for that heavy as$ truck Sean!!! Im very impressed. I have been trying the new 310 file today, and it seems to be just about perfect.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 PM

how would you compare it to the 275v4 which you say you don't care for, I thought it was similar to that. Is the TCM transforming the mannerisms of the tunes that greatly? Has anyone tested the 275v4 w/ the new TCM? Or have all time and energies gone into perfecting the final 310 tune for the release date?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Its been all the 310 here lately. Both of the test files I have gotten for the new TCM have been 310 files, and this latest one is awesome. I think that with the TCM, guys will see 1/10-2/10ths off their 1/4 miles times. The shifts and lock-up are SPOT ON. It will be just as good with the 275 tune. The 310 is just the main concern at this point. The release date is Monday, so Matt has been spending HOURS and HOURS on this.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbonzo View Post
SWEET! Where did you run Sean?
Lebanon Valley NY, which is usually a slower track than either Englishtown NJ or Epping NH. Maybe it's got a tenth or two at the other tracks, still good for 10,000 lbs.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbonzo View Post
how would you compare it to the 275v4 which you say you don't care for, I thought it was similar to that. Is the TCM transforming the mannerisms of the tunes that greatly? Has anyone tested the 275v4 w/ the new TCM? Or have all time and energies gone into perfecting the final 310 tune for the release date?
Most of the time with the TCM has been spent with the 310, but ALL the tunes will be offered with custom programming for the TCM. I'm sure this will begin after the Sept. 7th release of the TCM and 310.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:26 PM

When you say a 310 file, am I correct in that that is a 310hp file?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:30 PM

The production release is absolutely awesome! I received and loaded mine around 4 this evening and have put 100 or so miles on it and the shifting and power is even more impressive than any of the pre-production 310 files I have ran over the course of the past 6 months. I can't wait to get back to the track with our truck to see exactly what kind of gains can be seen! This setup is a must have for all Job 1 trucks and definitely needs to be put on everyones to-do list no matter what job truck you have, it will be money well spent!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaSixGun View Post
When you say a 310 file, am I correct in that that is a 310hp file?
Yes, 310 horsepower over stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.