spartan question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
spartan question

finally picked up the new truck (09 f350 ccsb lariat) , long a## story. i will post pics as soon as it stops raining , so here is the question- if i only do the dpf/doc delete pipe and spartan how high of a tune can i go (210,250,275?) and when is it beneficial to replace the intake and muffler/tail? next if i upgrade to the gps with the dashdaq is it possible to feed in video from a aftermarket rear camera? that would save me having to buy a monitor / or messing with the 6-disc in the dash. ps the dealer gave me a 20 min lecture about not tuning the truck because it will void my warranty and they can tell (cause they are so smart). then the sales man went on to say that since im ASE certified and work at a garage i can do all my warranty work and submit the bill to them and get reimbursed ! i knew i could do that with "aftermarket extended warranty companies " but never heard of it for so called "dealer warranty/recall issues" has anyone ever heard one way or another on this?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can easily get away with running up to 210 with the stock intake, no problem. The stock exhaust will still work with the 275 tune, but it'll cause your "filter minder" to trigger with the stock intake. If you drove it easily (yeah, who can do that?) with the 275 tune, you could probably get buy till you can get an intake. The tail pipe is a 3.5" mandrel bent and has a strait through muffler. It is probably the best stock exhaust I have eve seen on a truck. Changing it will make your EGT's drop a bit, and probably get your turbos to spool a little quicker, but isn't strictly necessary.

S&B makes a nice quality, and reasonably cheap intake. Any 4" exhaust will do. I prefer something stainless for longevity. 5" is strictly for appearance, it make *no* difference in performance. It does tend to make it sound a little different, but it won't get rid of the "hair dryer" sound completely.

What I did when I Spartan'd my truck was to get a DD with the 75, 150, and 210 DPF delete tunes. You get three ordinary tunes to start with, and they will all work with the stock intake and tail pipe. Then once you get an intake, you could pay the extra for the 275. 275 is well worth it in my opinion. The 310 will be out on the 7th of september. I am thinking that the 310 may need to have a 4" tail pipe.

BTW, I would definitely get a 4" delete pipe, so you will be ready when you do the 4" exhaust. I'm sure there is an adapter that will let you run the 4" delete pipe with the stock exhaust.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks for the info , does your dashdaq ( im assuming thats what you have) have any provision for video input?
Old 08-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Emergency Services

I don't think that is an option. I know that it will work with analog inputs for things like pyrometers and voltage monitors, but as far as I know, it won't do video.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thats disappointing i could have killed a whole flock of birds with one stone! this would be a good thing for them to enable in future models! i thought i had heard somewhere that it would play video but it had to be loaded through the usb port? although i could have mis heard my wife says im good at that. lol
Old 08-29-2009, 08:47 PM

What are the minimum needed add-ons to run the 275? I am installing a Spartan this week and have the DOC and Delete Pipe and want the 275 for hwy mileage.

I plan to get the 210 as well and something for towing.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I heard the 210 is a great towing tune....i would def go with a after market intake if u plan on running the 275.....
Old 08-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would also like to have one of these but opted for the edge instead just for the simple fact of me being an impulse buyer. I saw it, touched it, so I had to have it. Had the Spartan been there would have been the same. But DSG in Saskatoon Sk. doesn't carry them. I would like a price from the dealers for a Spartan with the 275 tune as well as a great towing tune. Dont want to blow her up pulling 14000#'s of 5th wheel behind me or 10000#'s of bobcat and trailer.

PM Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.