Counter Act Rust: does it work? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Counter Act Rust: does it work?

HEY ALL

CounterAct Electronic Rust Protection System - Corrosion Control

Ive heard little about this product and want to know if any members/tech have any real input on its effectivness?

its $500.00 Canadian or USD Im not sure. I actually heard about this product on the "Truck U" show on speed vision TV. Its been out since about 2000-2001 as far as i can see.

Now the science does work on metal as I have done this expirement with my son on one of his project awhile back. I just want to know if it can really work on our rigs.

thanks,

Dom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Are you experiencing rust with your truck? Or are you going to use it as a preventative?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 PM

Here is something you might want to read... its a snake oil product...

Quote:
Cathodic protection (CP), which is the real name of the technique these profiteers are trying to sell you, has been used with success to protect against corrosion on many structures and systems including sea going ships, buried pipelines, and even reinforced concrete. However, there is an area where the technique has no chance to work ... the protection of cars. Human nature being what it is, many entrepreneurs have tried to use the visible successes of CP to make money by offering car owners devices to achieve such protection. They typically offer these snake oil devices at a price that could be reasonable if it did indeed work. In reality, the gizmos they offer are a lost in the suckers pocket and a gain in the entrepreneur crooks bank account. And watch out, they will disguise the same old gadgets with new patents and glitzy technical names, even throwing in a microprocessor!!

Why these gadgets do not work?

One has to understand the principle of CP to understand that the technique works by forcing a protective flow of electrons to the metal that needs protection. For this process to work, you need a complete electrical circuit to bring the electrons back. In the case of an outboard motor on a boat, the sea water completes the circuit. In the case of a bridge, the wet soil completes the circuit.

But in your car, the only way to complete the circuit on all the metal in your car is to drive into seawater or be buried in soil!
There are various products on the market claiming to provide cathodic electrochemical protection to your car, just by injecting electrons into your metal work - but they don't work. Countries like Canada and the U.S.A. have actually got court orders to stop these products from being sold - simply because they don't work. In your car, there are lots of little nooks and crannies where dirt and/or water can collect. The rust happens not where the metal is dry, nor where the metal is wet - but at the interface between the wet and dry metal. So if you screwed a bunch of anodes right on the interface or one or two millimeters thereof, you would protect your car. But you would need thousands of these anodes over your car.
Full article here:Electronic rust prevention
Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM

Hey thanks for the responses.. no i dont have any rust yet i just wanted to protect my investment and see if this product really worked.

Looks like i'll be saving my $400. bucks and using it towards a spartan

Dom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.