CDP EGR Block Off Plates Installed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jesse@MBRP
Thumbs up CDP EGR Block Off Plates Installed

John got me dialed in with some EGR block off plates and I installed them Friday evening. Well yesterday I made a little 250 round trip yesterday with them and I must say they helped in a few ways.

1. Noticeably cooler EGT's while crusing at Highway Speeds. At 70-75 I would see EGT's right around 650-690 holding this speed with no grade. Well now I see temps in the 540-600 range.

2. Impoved Throttle Response. I noticed a quicker and smoother off idle and boosted throttle response.

3. Improved MPG. Thinking that the lower EGT's are what attributed to this, I was seeing a max MPG of about 17.8 hand calculated for traveling highway speeds on my 37's. Yesterday I made my best ever mileage with a 18.9MPG on the same drive I make all the time.

Tune is a RCD 485 Street Tune with S&B Intake, DPF MIA, and running on ULSD with Diesel Kleen Cetene Booster. Same specs as always.

The installation is easy, the cost is low, and the instructions were flawless...

Worth every little penny and drop of sweat you put into install them in my book!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult was the install? I'm thinking this may cure my puking problems.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
On a scale of 1-10, how difficult was the install? I'm thinking this may cure my puking problems.
It might but i kinda doubt it, thats why i made my plates, no change.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:13 AM

Congrads man sweet always nice to get a low priced part with good outcome.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Good deal Jesse, they are definitely worth every penny for sure. Great insurance as well!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
I wanna go fast!

i sure wish mine would come in....ordered them Aug 9th and still no plates
Old 08-23-2009, 09:08 PM

im new to this, but i was reading about the egr block of plates and im interested in purchasing them i just dont understand exactly what they can do and how to install???? im running spartan tunes and 5' strait pipe...any advice i would appreciate it
Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71 View Post
im new to this, but i was reading about the egr block of plates and im interested in purchasing them i just dont understand exactly what they can do and how to install???? im running spartan tunes and 5' strait pipe...any advice i would appreciate it
Basically what they do is block off the EGR valve and the EGR cooler. By blocking off the cooler, this provides for a sort of $30 insurance. Lets say your EGR cooler decided to bust, well if you have these plates in you wont have to worry about the motor filling up with water....

The only issue is, you can only run EGR disabled tunes with the blocker plates. Anything under the 210 tune (if you didnt special request EGR off) will not work with the plates. Also, you will get a code from them as well because the EGR valve still opens slightly even when the EGR off tunes are loaded up. Spartan can fix this for you though by writing you tune with EGR codes disabled
Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 PM

sounds like a damn good insurance policy for the price, i would have to get some of my tunes retuned to run it tho i believe,,another question,,,,what is it that makes the 210 not blow smoke but the 150 and 175 and 275 blow smoke.....cause i thought it had something to do with the egr valve or something but after reading i believe im wrong and just thought i would ask....
Old 08-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff71 View Post
sounds like a damn good insurance policy for the price, i would have to get some of my tunes retuned to run it tho i believe,,another question,,,,what is it that makes the 210 not blow smoke but the 150 and 175 and 275 blow smoke.....cause i thought it had something to do with the egr valve or something but after reading i believe im wrong and just thought i would ask....
It is due to the EGR valve. The 210 tune has the EGR valve disable, therefore it smoke very very little compared to the 150 and 175 tunes. The 275 tune does have the EGR valve closed, but it reguires a lot of fueling to make the power, therefore it smokes a good bit. If the EGR valve was open with the 275 tune, it would smoke like crazy, but it would not be healthy for the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.