Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Job 1 or Job 2??

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Jus Cruisin 
#1 ·
I know its already probably been covered but how do I tell if my truck is a Job 1 truck? My vin # is 1FTSW21R18EB79499 and my strategy code begins with 8U7A-14C204. I always thought it was a job 1 but my strategy code nor vin # match with the examples matt gave when talking about the 310 tune.

#6 ·
Yea, I personally would not reccomend getting the 310 tune with a Job 1 TCM. I have tested for months with mine, and have yet to get early lock-up or a great shifting tune from bottom to top. It's not Matt either, its the Job 1 TCM

#8 ·
I agree, i have a job 1 with the 8EAxxxxx VIN#. I started out with the 310 hybrid job 1/2 file then the 310v2 to the 310v12 and the 310v12 locks much better than the previous files. Although there is still some slippage throught the rpm's. I haven't had a new file for a few weeks or so, but i think a few are running 310v20 which is even more refined. I keep checking my email to see if Matt has sent a newer version.

With my early build date, i will be getting the new TCM sooner or later.

Chris

#9 ·
I got the 310v25 the other night. Locks up like the 310v12 at light throttle at around 40-42 mph. At WOT I would see the v12 lock-up at 70 mph and the v25 locks up at 60-65 mph. The only tunes that I have ever gotten early lock-up out of at WOT was the v2 and v5 tunes....the only problem with those were, they would lock-up about once every 10 WOT runs

#14 ·
Maybe a dumb question but here it goes anyway. The talk about the TCM mkaes me wonder about the PCM upgrades. I thought the flashes also upgraded the Transmission Control Module (TCM) to Job 2 specs. Am I right in my thinking? I didn't think there was a different TCM on the job 2 trucks. I have a job 1 with the latest flash.
Can somone "enlighten" me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.