Testing Spartan TCM new product - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Testing Spartan TCM new product

Well I got a test version of the new TCM today and installed it in our F450. This is a job1 truck with 4.88 gears and 35" tall 19.5's. The truck has been running the a few different versions of the 310 tune with great success. The transmission has Suncoast parts inside including the direct solenoid, and I'm also running the Suncoast converter 65-3D. The product is designed to work with the stock transmission/converter, it just some happens my truck has had this Suncoast stuff in it for a long time. Shifting with the 275 and the 310 has always been good and firm just the way I like it, but until now I didn't think the harness that came along with that could be changed. I swapped the TCM's(was already programmed to work in this truck), fired the truck up and went for a ride. At first I thought "it doesn't feel much different", came to the first stop sign and whipped it coming out. Shifts changed this time, but it's kinda hard to put words to it. At the next stop sign I shut the truck off and restarted it, things improved again on this run. Each time the truck shifted thru the gears it got cleaner and faster on the shifts. It has basically stayed the same on overall firmness, but the speed at which it shifts is reduced. In doing this, the "harshness" has been reduced(almost removed). It leaves the shifts just very frim,clean, and fast. I will keep posting info, as some programming changes are going to still be made after talking to Matt for a while tonight. This was just the first test, and I'm very impressed. Great job.

Last edited by powerstroker67; 08-18-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is good news. I have the 310 in my job 1 and sometimes when it shifts, it shifts so hard that I get surge cause my foot cant maintain constant pressure on the pedal.
Dont mean to take away from the thread but you going to shcieds? Talked to Rudy and he wasnt sure. Like the downpipe by the way!
And did you mean harshness in your post? Im assuming yes.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I don't think were going to make the trip, got some other "projects" I need to spend time with. Thanks for the comments on the downpipe fit and quality was my main goal, I think we got it.. Yes harshness, spelling is bad cause I forget to proof read. Sorry.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:48 PM

No problem on the spelling. Haha. Im a nitpicker. So this is just an updated tune and the module on the frame rail?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Yep, module and program to go with it. What a difference, and we still got a few weeks to work on making it even better.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I cant wait for these to be realeased!

I may even make a drive to go and see Matt in person.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:34 AM

does it help in the job1 TCM's shifing into OD under full throttle? Part throttle they shift at about 50mph but mine won't under ft. heard it was the early TCM's that have this problem. Is it worth updating to a newer one?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Full throttle shifts are timed perfect. Shifts repeat the same time and time again, where as before it kinda did what it wanted to. The 310 tune seemed to correct alot of the shift irregularities, but the TCM cleaned it up the rest of the way. Matt should be getting me an updated tune this weekend, I think were going to firm up the 1-2 and 5-6 shifts. They seem pretty good to me right now, but a little firmed can't hurt. Hopefully Matt send it this morning before the rain hits, can't really drive it in the rain because of traction issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.