Spartan 210 tune question?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan 210 tune question??

Ok I installed my spartan 210 DPF off tune and well I have a few questions.

One I really dont notice any additional power?
I had the bully dog with the 75 hp tune previous and you could feel the
launch power, would like to think a 210 tune would be way better


Does it take time or should it be instant on the feel?

I did notice a more crisp throttle response and better shifting and my ly-o-meter gauge on fuel has jumped to 20-23 mpg (havent tested it by hand calc, but this is the most I have ever seen that thing read)

Could there be something wrong here? Or is it just in my head that since this thing tunes the transmission also that it will be smoother than the pulling power feel of the bully dog tuner (yes I got rid of the bully dog because of the issues and wanted safer power, just trying to see what everyone else thought or felt from their tunes)

Thanks for the help Ladies and gents, just want to see if whats going on, an actual issue or just in my head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cactus
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to chihuahuaford
u should notice a lot of difrence have u tried loading it again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no havent tried to load it again, was kinda thinking that something wasnt right, I know how everyone else talks about there and just didnt know if I was reading to much into it or what. Not knocking them by no means cause it does seem a little better just not as good as the bully dog.

I will try to load it again and see.

I will also try my 175 tune and see if there is any difference and see if maybe there is something just wrong with the 210 one, But if there was something wrong with the 210 DPF off wouldnt it put the truck in limp mode???

Thanks for your help again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok so i reloaded the 210 tune, the same, smoke but not like what i would expect, EGT in a str8 out pull up to 80 mph getting up to about 600, was figuring higher than that.

Loaded the 175 tune, lots more smoke, pulls harder but still not really like I would think with 175 more HP, EGT around 800 (someone correct me if I am comparing apples to oranges here by thinking it should pull way more than the Bully Dog triple dog at the performance setting 75 HP)

When you guys stomp on it from a dead stop does it roll the rear tires, mine would to an extent on stock and does no more and almost less with the tunes.

Am I missing something here??

I called the dealer I purchased the set up from and he said he would call spartan to see what he could find out. Just wanted to see what any of you guys thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,721
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The power is a lot smoother with these tunes than the Bully Dog that you had was. Not only is the power smoother, the tranny shifts are so so so much better. With these two factors in play, it's not going to seem like it's as much power as it is. Trust me, the power is there....it's just really smooth power
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
The power is a lot smoother with these tunes than the Bully Dog that you had was. Not only is the power smoother, the tranny shifts are so so so much better. With these two factors in play, it's not going to seem like it's as much power as it is. Trust me, the power is there....it's just really smooth power
Thanks 08, I kinda was thinking that but just wasnt totally sure, I do wonder though why my 175 blows more and pulls harder than the 210, any ideas there

Just want to point out not putting down on this product by any means, it does shift smoother and is getting better mileage, havent of course put any weight behind it yet. I know all too well what the bully dog was doing to my trans with poor shifting and missing gears while just trying to be a daily driver. And that was just my experience with them I have a guy running his on a 6.0 that has had no issues with 20K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Posts: 574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb017 View Post
Ok so i reloaded the 210 tune, the same, smoke but not like what i would expect, EGT in a str8 out pull up to 80 mph getting up to about 600, was figuring higher than that.
Loaded the 175 tune, lots more smoke, pulls harder but still not really like I would think with 175 more HP, EGT around 800 (someone correct me if I am comparing apples to oranges here by thinking it should pull way more than the Bully Dog triple dog at the performance setting 75 HP)
When you guys stomp on it from a dead stop does it roll the rear tires, mine would to an extent on stock and does no more and almost less with the tunes.
Am I missing something here??
I called the dealer I purchased the set up from and he said he would call spartan to see what he could find out. Just wanted to see what any of you guys thought
Are you saying that your egt's only got up to 800? Are you sure your monitoring the correct signal. It should be Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temp Sensor A. Gauge will display EGRTA. Sending you a pm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor



 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,721
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb017 View Post
Thanks 08, I kinda was thinking that but just wasnt totally sure, I do wonder though why my 175 blows more and pulls harder than the 210, any ideas there

Just want to point out not putting down on this product by any means, it does shift smoother and is getting better mileage, havent of course put any weight behind it yet. I know all too well what the bully dog was doing to my trans with poor shifting and missing gears while just trying to be a daily driver. And that was just my experience with them I have a guy running his on a 6.0 that has had no issues with 20K
I have never ran the 175 tune, but I have heard on multiple occasions that the 175 tune is the best sounding, smokiest, and most powerful of the 210 and under tunes. I love my 210 tune personally and use it as my daily driver most of the time. To me the 275 and 310 tunes are not good daily drivers in the area I live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 184
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb017 View Post
Ok I installed my spartan 210 DPF off tune and well I have a few questions.

One I really dont notice any additional power?
I had the bully dog with the 75 hp tune previous and you could feel the
launch power, would like to think a 210 tune would be way better


Does it take time or should it be instant on the feel?

I did notice a more crisp throttle response and better shifting and my ly-o-meter gauge on fuel has jumped to 20-23 mpg (havent tested it by hand calc, but this is the most I have ever seen that thing read)

Could there be something wrong here? Or is it just in my head that since this thing tunes the transmission also that it will be smoother than the pulling power feel of the bully dog tuner (yes I got rid of the bully dog because of the issues and wanted safer power, just trying to see what everyone else thought or felt from their tunes)

Thanks for the help Ladies and gents, just want to see if whats going on, an actual issue or just in my head
When ever doing a mod like this I always say do a before and after dyno. The seat of the pants dyno can be tricked to easy real life dyno is always best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok well ill answer some questions for you i run the 210. the difference in the 210 and lower tunes is the egr is turned off my 150 and 75 right off the bat boost way harder than my 210 because the egr is engaged. under load is where i really notice my 210 comes to life .by no means is the 210 weak ,i like the TC lock up at 50 when just cruising. if your seeing that low of egts at wot you should data log and send it in to spartan. or put truck back to stock and take to dealer.

the 210 may not feel as fast because of lower boost pressures but put it on a dyno under load and it is faster than the lower tunes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors